ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group N Exhaust Bore

Ollie's Silver Cup
Hi! I've had a search and read through a number of threads, but I couldn't really get a conclusive answer, hence starting this thread.

I've been looking at the newly available Oreca Motorsport exhausts and at the point where I'm wanting to order one. The system I've been looking at is the group N, so the O/E spec 2 1/4 inch or 55mm bore.

I know the large majority of aftermarket systems are 2 1/2 inch 63mm bore and this seems favorable for most.

Basically, I have an JMS RS2 intake on order; will the smaller bore of the group N (2 1/4 inch 55mm) be too restrictive to get the full benefits of the intake?

Any help much appreciated, as I obviously don't want to order the group N if it's going to be poorly suited to the setup. :eek:

Cheers! :cool:

C

clio-lord

i run the rs2 with a omp onyx group n exhast (2 1/4") made 197bhp on the rollers near me. got to do a big write about my car when its all finished.

Ollie's Silver Cup
i run the rs2 with a omp onyx group n exhast (2 1/4") made 197bhp on the rollers near me. got to do a big write about my car when its all finished.

That's very interesting; seems you've got some healthy results there too. :approve:

Sounding positive! :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
What about about the group A version?

That's what I would go for if I didn't want to track mine. I'm taking my car to k-tec on Wednesday I will ask someone some questions about the
Oreca systems.

Does Tom (jms) have any ideas If it will affect power output?

Ollie's Silver Cup
What about about the group A version?

That's what I would go for if I didn't want to track mine. I'm taking my car to k-tec on Wednesday I will ask someone some questions about the
Oreca systems.

Does Tom (jms) have any ideas If it will affect power output?

If the group N isn't going to be suited, then I guess I'll be going with the group A; however, at that price, there's also the option of a Yozza race system.

Will be interested to see what information you get about them mate. I'm frantically searching for information regarding the bore sizes, as I'd ideally like to order tonight or tomorrow, as I've got a few days off next week.

I'm assuming Tom will be able to shed some insight onto it yeah :)