ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT cams and Prima racing cams

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I finally got a reply from Prima racing as to what their cam specs are. It turns out they are identical to the GT cams but only £295!!

272 degrees inlet with 11.3mm lift and 256 degrees exhaust with 10.25mm lift.

I believe they give a similar result to the Catcams 428?

Lionel Richie
just checked and that's a diferent spec to the GT's i hae sat infront of me LOL, the plot thickens!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was going off the spec of the GT cams on eBay.

They are the same as the Catcams 428 which are 272/256 and 11.3/10.25 too

Iceberge cup,mito tb
Sorry to revive this old thread.
but was looking at these cams myself.
now I am clueless with this sorta stuff.
what gains am I likely to get with these? £300 seems to me a really good price?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what gains the catcams 428 give (I think 10bhp has been claimed before now). You'll need a remap afterwards to make the most of them too.

I'm running Piper cams in mine as its only another £20 for a more aggressive set of cams.

clio 182 sport
The price between them isn't worlds apart and the gains you get from the 438's are better than the 428's from all the graphs I've seen on here so I can't get my head around why if you were goin to fit cams why anyone would buy the 428's.

Iceberge cup,mito tb
There was a thread on here where someone was getting better results from piper cams than 428s and piper cams are only £300

Lionel Richie
i'm referring to the discount us traders (some people class it as profit margin ;)) pass on to the customer