ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gt cams or 438's? or dont bother??

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
as above. belts need doing, decided to bin the air con and fit the pure motorsport air con removal kit while its in getting the belts done, but i cant decide on whether i should fork out the substantial outlay for some cams while im at it. they will cost at least £500, so are the gains really worth it? will i notice a significant gain in power or will i be left thinking "why did i bother" input from people who have taken the plunge and have had either of the above cams would be appreciated before i blow my annual bonus please. cheers.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
oh and im using the "cheap" pure kit, £145, rather than the £310 kit with all the lightweight pulleys before anyone says use the 310 towards the cams and leave the air con alone (which has never worked btw and i dont need/want)

225 Cup & Williams
Are they no both pretty much the same?

Fred sent you an email for a quote a couple days ago about the cams, have you had time to get a quote together?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
are there any links to some before and after power graphs from people that have had any of these fitted? only one iv seen was the one fred has put up