ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5 Prologue - Clio V6

ph1 titanium 172
So I finally got around to playing prologue on the PS3 this weekend, and OMG! how accurate is that V6, I just spent hours watching replays, whilst zooming in with the triangle key, just everything is modelled right, down to the rear engine cover clips, and I swear I saw the renault sport logos embroided in the seats,, and as for the dashboard whilst driving, it's just spot on ! I'm so pumped for GT5 now, but looks like it won't be out until March 2010 :( (looks like driving the V6 on a console will be the closest I get to the experience, unless I can see a way to persuade the missus that a V6 is practical lol!)

Anyone know if it's possible to look up/down and around whilst in the c**kpit view, want to see how accurate polyphony have been ?

ph1 titanium 172
well maybe hours is a bit of an exaggeration... but i do adore the V6 :)
you got to respect the amount of perfection that Polyphony have put into the car models

its a fun drive on the game too, defo not as twitchy as the mk1 in reality.

the proper game is shapin up to be amazin... wrc and nascar licenses

xbox boys will tell you its no better than TOCA1,but yeh its gorgeous.

I've got both and while the lighting and the accuracy/detail of car models are very impressive the environments are lifeless and dull and then there's the screen tearing :dapprove:

ph1 titanium 172
its a fun drive on the game too, defo not as twitchy as the mk1 in reality.

the proper game is shapin up to be amazin... wrc and nascar licenses

lol yeah i agree, first thing that broke the immersion for me, was finding no matter how hard i try i couldn't get that mk1 to spin out :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've got both and while the lighting and the accuracy/detail of car models are very impressive the environments are lifeless and dull and then there's the screen tearing :dapprove:

I can't believe that they don't simply fix that with simple v-sync options. They've been standard fair on PC games for years....

D.

ph1 titanium 172
i had the jap version for a while, and tearing on that was terrible, they have certainly improved it in the UK version of the game, but it's still noticeable when a few cars on screen.

maybe they cant force vsync, as you would get horrible frame rate drops from 60fps to 30fps etc, and maybe not enough frame buffer on the nvidia card in the PS3 to support triple buffering to smooth it out if they did enforce vsync.

compared to the jap version, it's acceptable now imo. for the quality of visuals you are getting, but I would also agree with a post up above, which says the tracks do lack 'life' , needs that something extra, to liven things up, Polyphony need to look at some Sega racing games to see how to jolly things up, but not go OTT.