ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Street Triple R
It annoyingly flashes up rewind every time you hit a bump strip, its a useful feature but surely you must concede a menu option to turn it off would do no harm;)

You can turn it off so it doesnt flash up all the time

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Im not being pissy in the slightest. Im just saying I don't like, its a temptation to use it. I don't necessarily mind it being there, but would like the ability to turn it off.

The grid rev will soon be a distant memory once I've completed all the races in career I have no intention of playing in single player again aside from tuning free runs perhaps.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ateTG5bdoEc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ateTG5bdoEc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

If anyones interested.

The amount of photos and video clips I've seen of him out on jollys around the world might just give a little hint as to why the hell they've not finished the game. He should be back at the office working his staff like 8 year old Chinese kids in a Nike factory.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
GT Planet said:
More Gran Turismo 5 Damage, NASCAR Details

November 29th, 2009 by Jordan
gran-turismo-5-damage-more-details.jpg
GameInformer magazine’s interview with Kazunori Yamauchi (a small part of which was quietly posted on their website back in September) was just included in their latest issue, and is now, of course, getting quite a bit more attention. Here’s what Yamauchi had to say regarding damage in Gran Turismo 5:
“The damage physics are going to be applied to things like a bent suspension arm, tires hitting the wheel wells of a car, deformation of the body affecting alignment, the loss of power to the engine. We’re still working on setting the sensitivity level of of the damage. You can have it so if you have a single hit your car isn’t going to be able to be driven anymore. It’s a matter of adjustment.”
We’ve known about damage affecting the car’s handling for quite some time now, but his comment suggesting an adjustable range of sensitivity is raising a few eyebrows. Although adjustable damage could certainly make it into the game, I think Yamauchi’s (or, more precisely, his translator’s) use of the word “you” could refer to himself and the development team, as he suggests their software is flexible enough to provide them a wide range of options. It can certainly be read the other way, however, and I hope I am wrong – adjustable damage would make the game demanding for hardcore racers, yet still approachable for casual gamers.
Photomode fans also get new details on GT5’s implementation of the popular feature:
“I think the quality of the image that you can get is going to be not even comparable. We’re trying to make it so that at a minimum you’ll be able to take 8 megapixel pictures. We might be able to raise it up to about 20 megapixels, but I can’t promise anything.”
Similar to his quote on damage, we can’t say for sure if resolution will be a user option, but the ability to produce your own screenshots like this is a very exciting proposition. Yamauchi made another noteworthy statement regarding the challenge Polyphony Digital has faced with the inclusion of NASCAR:
“The most difficult part is actually NASCAR. Their rules are really, really complex. It’s almost the difference between soccer and American football. I’m not quite sure of just how much of NASCAR’s rules we’ll be able to implement but we’re going to try.”
It’s exciting to learn that the NASCAR events will present at least a subset of the unique challenges that come to racing in the popular series. If anything, it at least suggests it won’t simply be a regular GT race with NASCAR vehicles and drivers. Perhaps the same can be said for WRC… point-to-point rally stages, anyone?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i listened to the playstation magazine podcast yesterday as i was bored whilst doing work, they had a games tester who went to the polypony digital studio in japan where they are making the game. dont expect this to be released in Japan til about March meaning a summer 2010 UK release

and the demo is not an add on for prologue Oska completely seperate - much like the prologue demo which came out

172//Crap Micra//Bus
What a farce. So now I have to spend more money, on yet another demo. FFS!! I may have to go over to the darkside at this rate.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
What a farce. So now I have to spend more money, on yet another demo. FFS!! I may have to go over to the darkside at this rate.

nope this demo is free from PSN just like the demo version of prologue (remember it only had suzuka as a track and like 4 cars)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah i know lol oh well im lucky to have both an xbox and ps3 so can play forza in the meantime. i will dust off the ps3 next summer if this has come out by then

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Interesting they're saying its not a Demo and just for GT Academy. Will be good to see what GT5 will actually be like though.

They're already talking about GT6 and how it won't take as long to make as it won't be completely new like GT5. I think they should just think about getting GT5 out before the PS4 arrives.

Nippy white cup
Dashboard looks amazing but the other screens look no better than FM3 imo. I think they are saying this is nothing like GT5 so if there is any negative comments they can just play them down....I love the series but I think they have dropped a bollock with this...even if it has a daft number of cars or amazing damage (which we are still waiting to see) I think they have taken so long with it that people have moved on a little

Chris

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Demo write up here :

Well what a big pile of dog s**t. Same old shitty handling, same shitty tire squeal noises. Very sterile and just not at all fun to play. Seems they have no idea how to make a good fun racing game anymore. They're just too focused on the 'simulation' for my tastes now.

From what I've seen on the tube it looks like something from 2003. I guess they just got some intern to knock up a quick demo to keep people quiet.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I agree tbh. The graphics are still far from stagering, and the gameplay is slightly annoying. Although it does appear to have slightly modified handling, and the circuit has some fairly challenging corners. The inability to turn TC off on the standard car REALLY fvcked me off though, mainly because it makes it impossible to correct in mid cornering/exit cornering and when the power is there, you just end up in an unavoidable drift. I'm trying the Tuned car now... atleast i've managed to turn it down on that, ill see how it goes (but at somepoint, I WILL need to go Xmas Shopping, lol)

But in general... disappointing. Although, I wasn't expecting much in th first place, so it gives me something to do for a little while I guess while i'm not on COD ;)

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Not played Forza 3. But it's still no Forza 2 if that helps, lol.

The best I could make was 311th on both classes. Now I REALLY need to go out, lol. It is quite addictive.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
not impressed to be honest. having traction control on kills the car round the corners and you cant turn it off on the standard car, meaning you cant take the corners more than 40mph. the frame rate feels too slow so when you feel like you are doing 60 mph it says you are doing 120mph. The cars dont feel like they flow instead the handling makes it feels like the car is stuck on an axis and it just wobbles about. The graphics seem worse than prologue and the circuit detail could definately be improved. so overall this really doesnt live up to the hype and if this is anything to go by for the final game god knows why it has taken so long, maybe because the producers spend all their time at the ring in real evos. dare i say it, it feels a bit need for speed prostreet ish :S. as for the time trial unless you have a steering wheel and pedals (which i dont) then you wont get close to the 1.36 lap record as you just cant balance the throttle properly

MY10 R35 GTR
not impressed to be honest. having traction control on kills the car round the corners and you cant turn it off on the standard car, meaning you cant take the corners more than 40mph. the frame rate feels too slow so when you feel like you are doing 60 mph it says you are doing 120mph. The cars dont feel like they flow instead the handling makes it feels like the car is stuck on an axis and it just wobbles about. The graphics seem worse than prologue and the circuit detail could definately be improved. so overall this really doesnt live up to the hype and if this is anything to go by for the final game god knows why it has taken so long, maybe because the producers spend all their time at the ring in real evos. dare i say it, it feels a bit need for speed prostreet ish :S. as for the time trial unless you have a steering wheel and pedals (which i dont) then you wont get close to the 1.36 lap record as you just cant balance the throttle properly

I hate having the TC on

cant change the controls either

Last edited:
  172//Crap Micra//Bus
Completely agree. You can change the controls though, it's called 'Settings' ;)

I'm stuck in the high 1'40s and just can't improve.

Last edited:
  MY10 R35 GTR
1.39.958 was best i could do.

Steering and throttle lacks feel. Maybe need to get a rumble controller

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Not strictly a demo, it's Time Trials primarily aimed at GT Acadamy. Different track, Different Cars. Slight mod's to handling, but it's difficult to notice really. Need a wheel etc.

I am seriously debating going to Forza next year :(