ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love it how Brazo accuses us all of being fanboys and haters, but he's the worst out of everyone!

I want GT5 to be great, I'd buy a PS3 again, for it.

Evo 8 MR
From what I've seen so far of GT5 I think it's good, it is a driving sim after all not an arcade racer, it will never have silly effects to make you think you are driving fast it's all about portraying real life cars into a game that anyone can play effectively giving us all the chance to feel what exotic cars are like to drive on track.

I've never played Forza and quite frankly I don't want to, I'm more than happy to wait as it's a game at the end of the day, not a reduction in taxes lol. There are more important things to worry about tbh. It's a bummer that we have to wait but it happens all the time in this market, nothing you can do, just deal with it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You've misunderstood. GT5's drving model (that we've seen so far) is shocking.

It's not a driving simulator, from what I've played.

Forza is.

End.

Evo 8 MR
Okay sorry for not reading 60 odd pages (in case it's already been posted) but for those that aren't as informed as some could you explain how the driving model is shocking?

I'm not having a go I just don't see why it is being slagged off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's appalling. Every car understeers, then snap oversteers when you push. No sense of weight or mass when you change direction. No sense of the dynamics or tyres. It's like driving on ice with over-assisted steering, with a sh*t pad.

Play Forza 3 after playing GT5 and you'll notice for yourself. We just all hope they sort it, because most of us used to be big GT5 fans. But the game's moved on.

Evo 8 MR
Hmm, I suppose it could be better, I find driving the less powered cars feels really poor, it's not until you drive a car with 400bhp+ that it feels good imo. You can always play with settings to get the car's feel right.

Maybe I should try Forza to see what it's like, don't fancy buying a 360 to do that though.

MY10 R35 GTR
It's appalling. Every car understeers, then snap oversteers when you push. No sense of weight or mass when you change direction. No sense of the dynamics or tyres. It's like driving on ice with over-assisted steering, with a sh*t pad.

Play Forza 3 after playing GT5 and you'll notice for yourself. We just all hope they sort it, because most of us used to be big GT5 fans. But the game's moved on.

i just wonder if the games not getting pushed alot more towards force feedback steering wheels etc. Which will basically mean the game feels shocking without one

Citroen DS3 DSport
i just wonder if the games not getting pushed alot more towards force feedback steering wheels etc. Which will basically mean the game feels shocking without one

I think this may well be the situation. All the comments about lack of feel, no sense of weight or mass etc do not match my experience of the game when played using a G25 wheel and Playseat. The driving model may not suit a pad but with a wheel it is excellent and IMO has a better feel than Forza 3. Admittedly I've not played F3 with a wheel, only the pad.

I'd be very surprised if the final release has the handling issues that were seen in the demo. They will be well aware of the feedback and will no doubt address it.

Yup. Let's hope they're hiring some talented programmers. TBF it's only been in development for 6 years. It's understandable to have problems at this early stage.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OUSwFqTF0Vs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OUSwFqTF0Vs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Gran Turismo 5 GPS Functionality, 3D Confirmed
January 15th, 2010 by Jordan

toyota-ft-86-gauges.jpg
Here’s some of the first news to come out of the Tokyo Auto Salon 2010: Polyphony Digital has partnered with auto technology company Denso to develop a “GPS-track day unit”, one of which will be included in the new Toyota FT-86G. It works by monitoring your position as you put in hot laps around a real-world track (which is also in GT5, of course). Pull the memory card out of your car and plug it into your PS3, and the data collected will be used to reconstruct your lap within the game. From there, you’ll be able to watch your replay or compete against yourself by loading the replay as a “ghost” car.

According to MotorTrend, Polyphony and Denso’s GPS unit was tested in a race-spec Lexus IS-F at the Nurburgring last October (probably during Yamauchi’s VLN race). MotorTrend editor Peter Lyon was also able to confirm that a “3D version” of GT5 will be available “as soon as 3D TVs become available on the market,” (Sony’s 3D TVs will be available this summer).

Thanks to Snaeper for sending this in!

Gran Turismo 5 GPS Functionality, 3D Confirmed
January 15th, 2010 by Jordan

toyota-ft-86-gauges.jpg
Here’s some of the first news to come out of the Tokyo Auto Salon 2010: Polyphony Digital has partnered with auto technology company Denso to develop a “GPS-track day unit”, one of which will be included in the new Toyota FT-86G. It works by monitoring your position as you put in hot laps around a real-world track (which is also in GT5, of course). Pull the memory card out of your car and plug it into your PS3, and the data collected will be used to reconstruct your lap within the game. From there, you’ll be able to watch your replay or compete against yourself by loading the replay as a “ghost” car.

According to MotorTrend, Polyphony and Denso’s GPS unit was tested in a race-spec Lexus IS-F at the Nurburgring last October (probably during Yamauchi’s VLN race). MotorTrend editor Peter Lyon was also able to confirm that a “3D version” of GT5 will be available “as soon as 3D TVs become available on the market,” (Sony’s 3D TVs will be available this summer).

Thanks to Snaeper for sending this in!
Most likely this kind of s**t delaying the game. Why would you want to do that?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Thing is, there's only what? 20 Tracks in the game, spread all around the world. It'll be hard to find one you could even use in the first place tbh. Nurburg might be fun to have a practice on before hand, but then, after you've been... why? 3D's an intreging prospect, but again, I don't understand why they've wasted their time. Nonsensicle gimmick.

Sounds awesome in principle although I didn't think GPS was accurate enough to place the car within inches in absolute real time, which lets face it, matter when you're putting in hot laps? Still, it sounds like a nice idea. Let's hope they're putting as much effort into improving the feel of the driving.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
that toyota vid sound like they have tweeked the tyre squeel

too the above ^^^ i dont own a toyota :(

Nippy white cup
that toyota vid sound like they have tweeked the tyre squeel

too the above ^^^ i dont own a toyota :(

I wouldn't get too excited m8......it looks to me like a pre rendered (using the game engine) vid with sfx not in the game like they usually do. There is one somewhere which has a skyline racecar at the ring and there is no way the engine noise is going to sound like that. Just listen to the Gallardo on that above vid....sounds sort of like one but to tinny

Chris

I love it how Brazo accuses us all of being fanboys and haters, but he's the worst out of everyone!

I want GT5 to be great, I'd buy a PS3 again, for it.

Lol remember 'gay jungle s**t'? If not i'll remind you that you couldn't cope that the xbox had a dreadful 2009 and the Ps3 swept the board award wise???????

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
If you look at my PSN account, the last time I played a game on my PS3 was in 2008

IMHO, 2009? Not a GREAT year for the PS3.

I only have two games for my 360 and they both have Forza in the title. I game more on the PS3 than I do the xbox. Then again I game more on PC than both of them.

LOL at quoting awards. Has there been an answer to the Academy question yet? As in, they left out some of the handling to make it a smaller download?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Still think it's pointless, but judging by this vid.. it seems pretty accurate.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FfhFvnTfsi8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FfhFvnTfsi8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Still can't make my mind up if the Physics model is any better.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwLtnur5F84&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwLtnur5F84&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBnFqrftXfU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBnFqrftXfU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Still got tyre squel too :(

Last edited:
  Petrol Blue 182.
A friend of mine does games testing to earn an extra bit of money, he overherd a conversation saying GT5 will be released in the 4th quater of this year (he wouldn't tell me the specific month) only if theres nothing released for Forza as they don't want to compete against them.

Don't know if thats going to happen or not tho lol

Eurogamer said:
A Sony Computer Entertainment Europe executive has said that he expects Gran Turismo 5 to come out "this fall, before Christmas", while confessing the release date is "not yet decided".

The comments come from James Armstrong, boss of SCEE's Portuguese arm, in an interview with Spanish site Canarias Al Dia. They were spotted by GT Planet.

It was Armstrong who originally suggested that GT5 would be out in late 2009, a position held by Sony right up until a March 2010 Japanese release date was announced at last year's Tokyo Game Show. A summer Western release was mooted before the Japanese launch was delayed.

A new release date has yet to be given for the PS3's motorsport opus, so it's disappointing but hardly surprising to see Gran Turismo 5 heading towards the end of the year.

GT5 has now been in development for five years at a cost, according to creator Kazunori Yamauchi, of of some $60 million.

2011 Anyone?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm reliably told that they have decided to accurately model sunlight hitting the dashboard dials in each and every car which will push the release date back by several years but the overall effect will be marvellous and worthy of the real driving simulator!!!!