ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTA 6

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I have to admit, Rockstar did an amazing job of squeezing the X360 hardware to the limit in order to get GTAV running on it.

They might have some other dev trickery up their sleeves in order to get GTAVI running half-decent on current-gen consoles?
There's plenty of dev trickery imo.

We saw some in RDR2 and games like AC:Valhalla more recently, the current gen is even more capable. The new iteration of the RAGE engine will be top, top, top.

I have no doubt it'll probably look better on PC but it'll play just fine on Xbox and PS.

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I have to admit, Rockstar did an amazing job of squeezing the X360 hardware to the limit in order to get GTAV running on it.

They might have some other dev trickery up their sleeves in order to get GTAVI running half-decent on current-gen consoles?

I'd like to think so.
How long was it out on 360 before being released on PS4 etc?

I remember owning it on both

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There's plenty of dev trickery imo.

We saw some in RDR2 and games like AC:Valhalla more recently, the current gen is even more capable. The new iteration of the RAGE engine will be top, top, top.

I have no doubt it'll probably look better on PC but it'll play just fine on Xbox and PS.

RDR2 on the PS4 was absolutely gorgeous, to think it came out at the end of that consoles life cycle is very impressive.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
i was thinking exactly this, a next gen console with come out around the same time that will run it much better than the current ones.

PS2 was 2000-2006
PS3 was 2006-2013
PS4 was 2013-2020
PS5 is 2020-on

I think it's too early for an entirely new console, but I wonder since it's less a proprietary setup now, is there scope to drop an upgraded CPU in with some more VRAM?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
PS2 was 2000-2006
PS3 was 2006-2013
PS4 was 2013-2020
PS5 is 2020-on

I think it's too early for an entirely new console, but I wonder since it's less a proprietary setup now, is there scope to drop an upgraded CPU in with some more VRAM?
I know you can add to the internal storage but I can't see them allowing you to upgrade the processor and ram? That'll stop people buying the Pro version or even possibly the next gen depending how far they come on.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
20231206_112846.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I know you can add to the internal storage but I can't see them allowing you to upgrade the processor and ram?

oh not allowing an upgrade, more that's what they might do for a pro or plus version, depending on what they might call it.

or just get lazy and slap abit more RAM in and change the side panel colour to black.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
There has been talks that it will be the 2025 fiscal year which is from September 24 to September 25. A game this big I would expect towards the end of the year and I think most GTAs have released in September/October. GTA IV was a weird one as it was April.

I would imagine like most modern games it will have performance and quality modes. The trailer doesn't say in game/engine footage running on a console so we need to wait a bit more. I hope it is as good as the trailer shows.

They are also expanding the game in parts so the full game won't be there on release.

Last edited:
  997.1, Caddy, e208
We used to get leaked dev content fairly often, although never a GTA!
The dev kits we'd get regularly had content left on them that we'd rip and share.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
PS3/X360 was September
PS4 / Xbone remaster was an April release.

/nerd
Talking first launch back in September 2013 though ;)

There was then a PS4/Xbone release in 2014 and a PS5/Xbox X/S release in 2022, you also forgot PC in 2015, that was the April one.

I have bought GTA V 3 fcuking times LOL :ROFLMAO:

/also a nerd

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
lol, you got me!

I bought it twice, I will be getting 6 on console and pc this time round.

Was the series s/x release an update? I play my Xbone version on the X as it’s backwards compatible.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
lol, you got me!

I bought it twice, I will be getting 6 on console and pc this time round.

Was the series s/x release an update? I play my Xbone version on the X as it’s backwards compatible.
The Series X/S & PS5 next gen version is a standalone release, it's on Gamepass now and I have both versions installed. But if you migrate your Xbox One / PS4 progress to the new one it resets the old one and they're not cross-compatible so you can only play online with the same version and can't migrate back.

I've not migrated my profile from the Xbox One version, but it doesn't look much different to my eyes, Series X on an LG OLED TV, the Xbox One version still looks decent IMO.

Doing a playthrough on story mode in 4K though, a trip down memory lane...