ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR Modding time

MY10 R35 GTR
The time has come to start modding the GTR.

Car was given a good clean.

Before

DSC00355_zpsbc0af1bd.jpg

DSC00356_zps95315701.jpg

DSC00358_zps2037009e.jpg

During

DSC00359_zps72b89699.jpg

DSC00360_zpsb2a0b850.jpg

DSC00361_zpsad32c31f.jpg

After

DSC00363_zps0c7cfd21.jpg

First parts arrived from US.

AMS coolant tank.
Titek Oil Plug with stronger magnet
Dodson Diff scoop

null_zps396beb00.jpg

Vbox Sport Arrived from Litchfields

null_zps7026fb8c.jpg

First test of vbox

null_zpsa3f5b570.png

New camera for onboard footage at trackdays etc.

null_zpsfdff6f0b.jpg

null_zps5d09245d.jpg

New wheels being ordered this week. With Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres.

nurburgring_gunmetal_pop_std_zps433c0491.jpg

Also a new full exhaust system will be ordered from Russ Fellows.

And then onto Litchfields to get new brakes and power!!!

Shiny new toys! Can't say I'm not jealous. Those wheels will look awesome, what size will they be?

MY10 R35 GTR
20". As for the width I'm not sure. But them from Litchfields and possibly running different with tyres than standard,

285 square or maybe 275 front and 305 rears

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Sounds like a good project :)
Wonder how it'll sound with new exhaust? They sound great anyway

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm really struggling on the wheel choice. They look crap to me. Are they light?

Epic car though.

To be fair after searching, the TSW's are also forged and do look better than standard wheels.

Lovely machine!

Petrol Blue 182.
Looks great, saw a couple yesterday in Brighton and they sounded mental!

What sort of fuel consumption do you get roughly?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Taking off forged Rays wheels for TSW's makes sense..

It does seem a tad strange. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Jason you running standard brakes? Any issues? I know they hard cracking problems

MY10 R35 GTR
Yep those are TSW wheels, Davids fitted GTR hub centres too them.

Gally, as far as I knoe the brakes are standard. They're ok, they do start to go a bit soft after some spirited driving. No cracking problems for me though. Going got Alcon 400mm discs on the from and the 380mm ( I think ) on the rear with pagid RS 29 pads.

Cars getting some carbon aswell I think.

Wheels were ordered this morning.

Fuel wise, depends on how you drive, Ive seen the mpg hit 3.9 during some spirited driving. On a motorway run I can get 250ish miles to a tank

350z GT
I saw a 350 yesterday with GTR rims on it same as yours...
Stunning wheels so I wouldn't change them...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
TSW? Did i wake up in 1998 this morning?

I did kinda think this too! Kinda seems weird putting 'budget' wheels on a car like that... but don't get me wrong I'm still jealous and think it's awesome. I tried playing with a GTR when I had my 320bhp Impreza and it absolutely destroyed me :dead:

MY10 R35 GTR
Budget wheels! At 2k for the rims alone I wouldn't call them budget. Another £1k for tyres.

was 3.5k for a set of BC wheels with custom offset that was with out tyres.

MY10 R35 GTR
​its s bit of a throw up, don't really see the point in spending a fortune on wheels with the states of UK roads. The wheels I have on just now have a few wee scratches on the edge due to pot holes

Disastra Coupe
Clearly people see the name TSW and still think of Venoms... These wheels aren't anything like that.

As for the GTR, i can never make my mind up on them. Personally, i don't think they look that great, bit awkward looking imo. I have no doubt it's amazing to drive and seriously fast either but if someone said i could have a Ferrari or a GTR, i wouldn't pick the Nissan - no matter how much quicker it was.

But still, apparently epic cars to drive and i still wouldn't turn my nose up at it. Sounds like it could be a serious weapon once you've finished playing, so enjoy! :)

MY10 R35 GTR
Don't get me wrong I've had some serious fun in lower bowered cars, dads old 111R, the mrs gt86. But the power of the gtr is addictive. Needs a nice flowing road, can be a bit stop start otherwise