ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guess the weight

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The track Clio I'm building caused a bit of a debate with me and my brother yesterday about its weight. He came out with some crazy figure of 700kg and I said 950kg.

Any thoughts?

The spec will be;
FF car
Fibreglass bonnet and boot with poly rear.
All tar patches removed
ABS removed for Cup setup up with Cup racer lines
15" O.Z. Superlegerra's with R888's
Aircon removed with Cup blower
Spax RSX Track kit with Pure Top mounts
All looms trimmed/stripped
All interior removed leaving just the dash top
Polycarbs
OMP 6 point bolt in cage with door crosses
The only item left under the dash top is the heater unit - no vent pipe work.
Doors gutted with all bracing etc removed and carbon door cards
All unused brackets removed
Cobra Monaco S seats

I can't think of much else! I still think somewhere around the 900-950 mark.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Although you have saved weight, you have certainly added a little back in again.
atleast the weight is now there for a reason and better positioned.

im very curious at how yours comes out, mine is pretty similar.

Len, I've got to ask buddy, how is the to half of the dash held in place?
would you mind firing over a picture of your dash setup to me please, if you don't mind.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
937 kg, first guess....

what do I win?
I have half a Twix and a Scotch Egg up for grabs.

Kelv these are very poor pictures by brother took last year when he first removed the lower dash. I've since cleared a lot more crap out and removed the rogue wires you see dangling so it's much neater. The leg of the dash bar you see to the right of the blower has also been removed.

The dash top sits really well actually as there's a metal dash bar that supports and the loom can be cable tied to this. The bar can be trimmed down too for some extra weight loss.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 107
  Cup In bits
Neil A on here just had his 172 cup weighed at 957kg with cage and very little weight saving. I'd say your looking at 930kg.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I weighed mine with aircon in it with 1 seat and it was 960kg's. Didn't remove the carpets/half the dash etc although I didn't have a cage in either.

You'll be looking at 920-930kg's with 1/4 tank in it

Cup In bits
I'd be happy with that.

The hell do you get into the 8's?!

You would have to be anal tbh to get there with a 1/4 tank in a mk2. FG doors, basic t45 cage, carbon seat, lightweight harnesses, ultra leggeras (sp) radial tyres, dipped shell etc.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
930 odd I reckon

my mk1 is 960 with vapour in the tank, stripped but with full cage and spare wheel still in and full dash. normal panels but poly windows