ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guide for removal of inlet manifold

titanic killer
I no theres a 'sort of guide' in the guides section,but it doesnt really explain alot
I want to no a step by step guide includeing moving/removing wiring and injectors etc(the lot basically)lol
plenum etc is a dodle but inlet doesnt look so:S

LY 182
is it a cup ?
if not its a bit of a sod - have fun lol
alot of the aux setup needs coming off

yeah my guides s**t lol I know hahaha i was never one for writing books! Plus the engine was out the car (made it a tad easier lol). Keep undoing stuff til it drops out

LY 182
Keep undoing stuff til it drops out
most common sense, and frankly helpfull comment i've seen on here so far tbh - thats really simple as it is doing any job!
ok you may undo more than you need to, but thats how you learn

Cant tell if your being serious or sarcky. Think your being serious haha

I'm not a mechanic but my cars only gone to a garage once in its life bar MOTs. I still dont know a great deal tho tbh

If something goes wrong I just sit there taking things apart trialing and erroring until its sorted. can be boring but it saves you money at the end of the day :D

LY 182
i was being serious
came across sarcy but all i mean is - but you hit the nail on the head in your last paragraph there.

you cant really go wrong, just unbolt things untill it falls on the floor - obviously if you forget where something goes or etc its nice to have this site to ask on but give it a go first off and you will probably surprise yourself

titanic killer
Thanks for the advice and tbh thats what i do is just keep taking things off but for once i thought id see if someone had the proper way of doing it but looks as thou thats not the case lol
cheers all the same

titanic killer
It was just the injectors are all cliped in by the looks of things plus they all hve separate sensors etc
Id rather have asked first in stead of doing something wrong then having the car in bits while i wait for advice off here
Looks like il be phoning BenP up half way throu,lol

The injector rail have 2 10mm bolts holding them into the inlet. Then its a case of unclipping each connector from the injector dead simple

ff 182
did minr last year wernt too bad until i got to the cow of a bolt next to the cam belt . i had to drop the car to lift the engine up, to undo the nut.my tip is take it easy and make sure you got plenty of time to do it

titanic killer
You mean the bolt for the cam cover/engine mount?
If so thts simple as ive had that off a few times when taking it to the polishers

ff 182
You mean the bolt for the cam cover/engine mount?
If so thts simple as ive had that off a few times when taking it to the polishers
if you look at the cam belt its got ablack cover over it.look to the right of the cover about a inch down there a bolt you can just see it, the only way to get to it is to undo the engine mount bolts ,then drop the car so the engine lifts up then you will see it.its a real cow of a job

titanic killer
No probs fellas
cant tke it off yet as i need the car on saturday so will prob do it sunday and get a courier to take it monday etc