ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guide Needed for Removing heater/blower motor from Clio MK2

clio
Tried searching on threads and youtube but only found one broken link. I did replace the relay but it made no difference still runs intermittently and noisy as hell!! so want to remove and check the fan.

Any help or pointers would be welcome

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tried searching on threads and youtube but only found one broken link. I did replace the relay but it made no difference still runs intermittently and noisy as hell!! so want to remove and check the fan.

Any help or pointers would be welcome
Watching with interest. I've got the same problem. Sometimes it worked other times it didn't. Then there was a bit of a burning plastic smell so I haven't used the heater fan since.
It's not the resister pack as that's a totally different problem.
I couldn't really find out any info how to remove the fan. I see some advertised 2nd hand on ebay, some saying none climate control / air con or with air con. What the difference in fans is I don't know?

clio
Hi there. I hope we both get some help lol!! When I looked at the parts catalogue it said that its a motorola item yet mine says Denso on the outer casing I checked the numbers but it didn't help much and the only youtube video that someone had kindly posted on this site no longer works

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hi there. I hope we both get some help lol!! When I looked at the parts catalogue it said that its a motorola item yet mine says Denso on the outer casing I checked the numbers but it didn't help much and the only youtube video that someone had kindly posted on this site no longer works
If you do attempt it anytime let me know how you get on , likewise if I attempt it I'll let you know .
I might have a look sometime this week if I get some time.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
@Archtronics thanks for the pdf. I knew the fan was somewhere near the pollen filter but wasn't exactly sure where (y)

@riber3 I've just changed my fan. It's a piece of piss mate. I wasn't looking forward to do doing it cos I didn't know how easy it is.
I'll put some pics up of the sequence I used. I took pictures just so I'd know exactly how it all came apart. It's pretty self explanatory really, you'll see when you come to do it.
My fan was knackered, wasn't spinning properly and making alot of noise. I guess thats why I had a burning plastic smell , also the fan was intermittent.
First of all you remove the driver's side scuttle panel , like you would if you chaning the pollen filter.
Then under there you'll see another smaller black panel with a big white clip on. Slide that towards to passenger side and then it just pulls out towards the front of the car.
With that removed you can see the fan housing.
In the first pic you can see a big connector/plug . Pull up the red part and then the connector just pulls apart. Also unclip the small plug with the yellow and brown wire.
There are 4 x 6mm bolts to undo. Then you have to wriggle the fan housing out towards the front of the car, pull out the plug from the fan with the red and black wire. That s it. Refit the new fan in reverse order and job done. Takes 30 mins max. If I had to do it again it would probably only take 20 mins to remove and refit. I was taking my time and taking pics as I went along.

Attachments

• 20200818_112419.jpg
    20200818_112419.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 20200818_112625.jpg
    20200818_112625.jpg
    800.1 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 20200818_112805.jpg
    20200818_112805.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 20200818_112912.jpg
    20200818_112912.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 1,231
  • 20200818_113343.jpg
    20200818_113343.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 1,530
  • 20200818_113409.jpg
    20200818_113409.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 20200818_114409.jpg
    20200818_114409.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 20200818_114435.jpg
    20200818_114435.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 1,200
  • 20200818_114700.jpg
    20200818_114700.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 1,295
Last edited:
  clio
Brilliant, Many thanks for the photos and for the update I will have a go myself later this week weather permitting and let you know how I got on

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Brilliant, Many thanks for the photos and for the update I will have a go myself later this week weather permitting and let you know how I got on
Good luck mate. I hope you get it sorted.
It really is dead easy to change :)

clio
Finally got round to removing my fan and apart from being a Denso its exactly the same as yours. I tried testing via direct wiring to a battery but got nothing just a complete live circuit so not earthing out. Ordered a new one and should be here by the end of the week. Thanks again for your help lets hope our replacements last a lot longer LOL!!

Attachments

• BlowerMini.jpg
    BlowerMini.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 357

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Finally got round to removing my fan and apart from being a Denso its exactly the same as yours. I tried testing via direct wiring to a battery but got nothing just a complete live circuit so not earthing out. Ordered a new one and should be here by the end of the week. Thanks again for your help lets hope our replacements last a lot longer LOL!!
Its quite easy to remove isn't it. Good luck mate. Hope you get it sorted. Let us know how you get on.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but is it possible to swap out climate control to manual AC controls?

Currently have climate control and the panel is sticky as hell and on the back, the temp cog is broken. After going to Germany in it the other week when it was 34 degrees outside I've decided I'm going to keep the AC now for the sake of 2 extra HP it's going to free up.