ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GW Clio 200 Cup - Update

Nissan 350z
I havent really taken any pictures of my Clio since the initial detail done by a fellow CS.net member (JP). So i figured i would take some phone pics (sorry) following some updates ive made to the 200.

First the big update for me, is the projector headlights that Fred@BTM fitted and TwingoGeeko supplied.
Before:

sam0029g.jpg

After:
img20110407180903.jpg

I think the black surround in the projector headlights deffinately helps to tie the front end together alot better than the poverty spec chrome ones did. Then this evening with the nice weather i did the following; A slightly smaller number plate following the foot steps of Harpham.

Before:
img20110407171542.jpg

After:
img20110407172825.jpg

Richard1 got his moneys worth of 6 months advertising out of me so i felt i had done my part :)

I then also figured to help tidy up the rear i would de-badge the "Clio" from the boot (i will tackle the rear dealer plate at a later time)

During:
img20110407175649.jpg

After:
img20110407180724.jpg

Again sorry for the phone pics but they do the job for now. (awaits the token 200 front end hate) :quiet:

Nissan 350z
Thanks for the comments guys.

The rear plate will be done, the reason i didnt bother ordering one from Fancyplate is that i dont really think the rear will benefit from the slightly smaller style like the front does due to the difference in the bumper recesses. So i think i will just opt for a bog standard motor factors plate for the rear.

^ Wait to see how mine turns out James... Im going to order one at 520 x 101mm I think (which is bang on the legal limit iirc). Our standard ones are 520 x 111mm. I think slightly smaller will look good (aslong as it's still bigger than the front).
I actually went to sort it out this morning, but my local motor factors has shut down :(

clio 197 cup
looks good mate the 200 front end is really growing on me. still not keen on 200 rear diffuser.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Needs some more pictures mate, GW with the black front end actually looks the best for taking your eye off the front. Really nice mate.

How i'd have my GW TBH.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Hai!

I can put anything you like on a plate.. but.. i can't do any size other than standard. I can make the writing smaller ect but we only do standard size perspex so i just cut mine down on a tile cutter :)

If you ever need any just send me a PM on here and i'll let you know if i'm in or not!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
That looks great! I hate those chrome front lights. What did you use to get the sticky stuff off after you de-badged it?

edit: just read above post, d'oh! What's the better way?

Nissan 350z
Update:
I knew i couldnt resist the bug to change something on the car for much longer, im impressed i held out as long as i had since this topic to be honest :rolleyes:

So a phonecall to TwingoGeeko again and the following arrived:

img20110901110509.jpg

With the help of a guide made for a 197: *here* (the 200 mirror caps are COMPLETELY different urgh) i struggled and managed to fit them.

img20110903134920.jpg

img20110903140013.jpg

And the finished article with my Team Hekos! :approve:

img20110903140057.jpg

To anyone thats thinking of doing the same the noise the plastic makes on the wing mirrors is cringe worthy! Cracking, snapping etc....

Nissan 350z
No i dont think im going to go down that route. I like the black to break up the white which is one of the reasons i chose the wing mirrors as even when colour coded, still have a bit of black to them :)

Nice mate. You best be coming to the meet!!. Thats the next thing on the list for me. You'll have to take my caps off for me though ;) They look like an absolute ballache!!