ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a Big Fright in my cup!

I was going home from work 2nite, was driving on the motorway and getting up to speed a heard a bang, it sounded like i run over somthing, because it kind of sounded like bits of things flying around my wheel arhes and engine.

Well i thought my tyre had burst because i had a nail in it at the weekend(which seemed ok so far). So i adjusted my mirror to see the rear wheel but it was ok , so i thought it was that i run over somthing , so i carried on.

It was making a funny nosie by now and then bang again!! Crikey thought my engine had gone!

neway i pulled over when i could and phone the AA and i looked under my bonnet to see my fan belt shredded everywhere! DAMN!

This was really weird cos i looked at it yesterday and it didnt look to good!

was advised bt the aa man to get done soon as!

what really has peed me off is i took it to reno for a service at new year and nout was reported bout it!

Do they check it at a service?

how much is it gonna cost me to get it repaired? not a happy man espacially at reno!!!!

sorry for the long thred!

Ouch!!!
If its not under warranty its gonna be expensive i guess.
I bent all my valves years ago when i did it on my polo and it was expensive then!!
Sorry to hear that :(

RB182cup&golf gti

fan belt shouldnt be too dear, but yeah it makes you wonder what the hell they do to your car when its in for a service apart from a very expensive oil change

Ziel Nurburgring

Only basics are checked, fluids and brakes etc. Probably give the belts a technical wobble but not much else.

Ive learned not to take my Clio to a Renault dealer, i know someone who works there (not as a mechanic) but he obviously knows what goes on and i dont like it. My Phase 2 172 ran out of warranty last year and i took it to a reputable dealer who deals with performance cars / tuning / chipping etc so they know what their doing. It was the 18000 mile service (or something) and they charged me £86, they changed my back wiper, oil, remote battery, filter, water, checked my break pads, belts etc. I was well happy. They even showed me the oil they put in. I will be going back there next time, sack Renault Dealers, Cowboys in my opinion. I have also been told that now as long as the garage is certified (not sure what in) that you can have your car serviced / stamped by them and it wont affect your warranty. New law beginning of last year??... anyone know the truth behind this?

Hope dont cost you too much bud,

thing i have to say "eh?" to
"is thought my tyre had burst because i had a nail in it at the weekend(which seemed ok so far)" :)

You carried on driving with a nail in your tyre! thats confidence!!

and ref renault dealers, 3 dealers told me there was nothing wrong with my car even tho it was mis firing, running on three cylinders, mpg had dropped to 20-25 ish, and when u listened at idle it coughed every couple of seconds!!

took the AA to print a report out for me with the fault codes before they believed me! they listened and said...yes sir thats normal?!! c0cks!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Hang on, not that I normally stand up for reno.......

they serviced it at "new year" and its now april, whats to say the belt didnt deteriorate over that 4month period?!?

Cant put the blame on them to be fair?