ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had my cats taken off today.

My dealer overfilled my car with oil and it seemed a little less perky. I thought that the catalytic converters may have been contaminated and be restricting exhaust flow so I had them taken off today and free-flow resonators (anti-noise thingys) fitted instead.

Despite claims of better flow, easier revving, quicker throttle response and livelier acceleration I can honestly say that there is not one single jot of difference.

Except to my bank account!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Free flow cats are a waste of money - ive been telling people this for ages and nobody listens. If you want the power you have to take the cat off completely, dont replace it with another sports one.

R

Rebecca

MATT BLACK said:
Free flow cats are a waste of money - ive been telling people this for ages and nobody listens. If you want the power you have to take the cat off completely, dont replace it with another sports one.

I have heard this somewhere too David must have told me that sometime because it definately rings a bell.

clio williams n0.26
ok , say u werent too bothered about the power just wanted your exhaust to flow more freely, would u still reckon its not worth getting a sports cat?

ive already got a decat pipe on my car but its the aggro at mot time that puts me off, was contemplating getting a sports cat , ok its not as good as a decat , but no hassle either, plus its got to b better than having a standard cat.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I put my cat back on and sold the AAS decat i had. there was a slight difference. if you smash up your car and the insurance company get involved you are totally fu-ked. you will not get paid out.My mate learned the hard way with his 2 yr old impreza sti,they refused point blank to pay out as his car was not legal to be on the road. he lost the lot and his private loan is still running until next year. But if you smash somebody else up its not worth thinking about they will leave you out to hang. i'm all for performance mods but i'll keep my cat to be legal.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
gtvlew said:
I put my cat back on and sold the AAS decat i had. there was a slight difference. if you smash up your car and the insurance company get involved you are totally fu-ked. you will not get paid out.My mate learned the hard way with his 2 yr old impreza sti,they refused point blank to pay out as his car was not legal to be on the road. he lost the lot and his private loan is still running until next year. But if you smash somebody else up its not worth thinking about they will leave you out to hang. i'm all for performance mods but i'll keep my cat to be legal.

de cats aren't illegal, as long as you tell your insurance

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
well my mate should speak to you, because he has a mountain of info from his insurance stating rules and regs. i.e emissions for tax etc. its been almost 12 months since his crash and still no end to it. i'm not risking 10 grand worth of car for more noise and about 5 horse. the 182 cat is pretty good anyway