ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake and Brakes

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Just a quick question, well 2.

Recently had to have my car towed about 15 mile using nothing but the handbrake to stop. I picked my car up today and the handbrake comes up nearly 90 degrees lol. Its absolutely crap now. Do you think ill need new shoes on the back or just the cable tightening and also does anyone know how much a mk1 handbrake cable is as i think i may just get a new one.

Second thing is that my brakes have always been quite spongy. I can push the pedal nearly all the way in before it starts to actualy brake the car and slammin on is a nearly impossible to do. Anyone know how to solve this problem???

Cheers all.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Cheers mate, i never though of bleeding the brakes. will have to get that done then.

Took 3 days to get 1 reply!

Cheers mate, i never though of bleeding the brakes. will have to get that done then.

Took 3 days to get 1 reply!
Sorry i don't get to come on here much at the moment unfortunatly most of the forum is unwilling, not wanting, or not able to help though