ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook v12 vs Rainsport2

Fiesta ST3
looking for a set of new tyres for my cup turinis alloys i have just bought (i have a non cup clio 172)

been searching and these 2 tyres come highly recommended.

hankook only comes win 205 size and the rainsports in 195

would the hankooks be ok on the turinis and will my car handle any different to how it does now?

im running sportlines if that makes any difference

im keen to try the hankooks but not certain if itsd wise to stick 205 wheels on a car thats made for 195s

any advice much appreciated

thanks

Fabia vrs tdi
Sure my rs2's are 205 so get the rs2's in 205 - mines are excellent done 5000 miles but now off the line ESP is cutting in now and again :( where as before I tried my best but it never flickered at me

Fiesta ST3
right, decided on rainsport 2's now as i want to stick with 195s, damn shame the hankooks are not available in in 195 size.

blackcircles are the cheapest plus quidco 2.5% cashback

if you use 3% voucher code: RANDS17 total works out to be £212 delivered with quidco

theres also a another code: BCDEL710 should be valid but not working, this gives free postage so total with quidco will be £206 delivered

ive just fired them an email asking why the BCDEL710 code isnt working :)

BG182FF
hey mate, just had four hankook evos on and i cant fault them, really are top tyres for good price.

Fiesta ST3
well been researching all day and still no closer to deciding, im ready to buy aswell

who sells the Hankook v12 the cheapest? camskill do them for £254 delivered but out of stock, mytyres £266 delivered.

blackcirles don't sell mail order but sell it if i get it fitted :S, non at tyretrader or bestbuytyres...!!!

any where else?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I recently got a set of Uni RS on my 182 and all i can say is wow, took them on the advice of Gaz who had them on his phase 1.

So much confidence in the wet (and dry) The T1R's felt very unstable in the wet on my old phase 1, these are sublime tyres.

I got mine (2) At £140 fitted

Fiesta ST3
I recently got a set of Uni RS on my 182 and all i can say is wow, took them on the advice of Gaz who had them on his phase 1.

So much confidence in the wet (and dry) The T1R's felt very unstable in the wet on my old phase 1, these are sublime tyres.

I got mine (2) At £140 fitted

right, ordering the rainsports, blackcircles currently cheapest £218 delivered for 4 plus quidco.

thanks mate !

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats pretty reasonable mate, you wont regret it, they are a sublime fast use tyre imo.

Ive entered roundabouts in the wet (with caution) at speeds i felt would see me in a hedge on T1'Rs lol...

Fiesta ST3
let me know how they are as i have the hankooks and think they are brill so far

no probs mate, my current 172 alloys have vred sportrac at front and conti sport 1 at the back so will have something to compare with, these uniroyals will be going on some turinis.

Thats pretty reasonable mate, you wont regret it, they are a sublime fast use tyre imo.

Ive entered roundabouts in the wet (with caution) at speeds i felt would see me in a hedge on T1'Rs lol...

hehe, just as long as they last a while !

£218 good price, you will enjoy

thanks mate, works out to be 218 - 2.5% quidco = £212 ish

could of got t1r for £199 delivered (tyretrader) but didn't like the reviews i read.

order placed, eta monday 12th, i hate weekends for ordering stuff..

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I think alot of people found the Toyo's were quite a soft compound compared to alot of others

The px4s are soft too, the set on mine struggle in the wet. Made it quite snatchy in the drizzle yesterday at oulton :(

I have rainsports and the grip levels are great. Really soft sidewall though and the tyre noise round corners is pretty annoying.

Road noise isnt too bad, its more when pushing it round corners as above. I'm pretty sure its due to the soft sidewall, but It's no problem, I can just be a bit picky lol.

Coming from pe2's which were silent, grip wise, day to day driving and the odd b road blast, I couldnt tell the difference.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
i have v12's but they are rubbish.......

Rubbish?? How's that then??
I've been running them for a year or so now and they're better than the Eagle F1 gsd3 and the Conti sports I had before and much cheaper... The grip they give is amazing for the price of them imo. Wet or dry... They also seem to be lasting very well as a bonus...

tiTTy & SV650
Different road sufaces, temperature, less rain etc in Italy so presumably that comes into it for hatty