ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Happy? How happy?

Suzuki Swift Sport
Looking at houses now, so ill shortly be in a phase 2 clio 172 (52) so i cant comment yet, but previous cars...

Mini Cooper S 2005 (modded) 9/10 - Has plenty of midrange, nice supercharger note, crackling exhaust on the over run, handles well - doesnt get upset on bumpy roads when pushing on, rides nicely, feels well put together, only down sides are poor fuel economy and that ive got to sell it :(

Before the mini...

Lotus Elise s2 (04 model) - 7/10 - excellent handling, good ride quality, down sides are kit car like build quality, poor brakes, cant push on in the wet, expensive servicing (at main dealer)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clio 172 ph1 - 3/10.

Too slow for me (mainly due to having no mid-range). Feels very cheap and it doesn't have any quality to it at all. Although very reliable it still feels (and sounds) like it's going to fall apart at any moment. I reckon something expensive is going to fail in the next few months. lol

Will be replacing it the instant I can afford to.

It got an extra couple of points because the 5k kick still makes me smile. A little.

And it still looks kinda nice all cleaned up. :approve:

Its too slow for you, but you like the 5k kick??! Imo, the 'kick' is f**k all, I can't even notice it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My cars,

197; 8/10 If it was a little bit faster top end, 10/10

172 track car; 8/10 i fuggin love it! (just wish i could afford to sort the bodywork out!

LY V6 with Recaros
Racing blue 182 with cup packs

9/10 I chose a 9 purely because as much as I love it, I reeeally want a liquid yellow V6!

Scirocco GT 210
Its too slow for you, but you like the 5k kick??! Imo, the 'kick' is f**k all, I can't even notice it!

Well some of us do notice that 5k 'kick'. I said it was too slow mainly due to a lack of mid-range. It goes nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, 5k - car remembers it has 170bhp and starts to move.

Maybe my engine is buggered?

3/10.

Evo 8 MRFQ320
8/10 clio v6
great to drive even better noise but when something goes wrong its expensive!
also its a real head turner!!

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
CLio dymanique 1.2 16v

2/10, Too slow, has broken down on me and now i have warning lights on again
Cant wait to patch it

VaVa
172 ph2

8/10.

Has never let me down once in nearly four years of ownership from new. My local dealer is actually quite good and I still enjoy driving it. Cheap to run too.

Bargain of the decade.

clio mk3 dci86 dynamique 8/10 well ive not had it long enough an im shocked its costing me more to run then i expected also we have had incident involveing her alloy wheel :eek:

320d
Clio Extreme 1.2 - As a 1st Car 8/10 because it is nippy, has good spec, good looking and i got it cheap but if it wasnt my 1st car i'd say 4/10 because its not fast enough.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
2002 172 Cup

8/10 i reckon. A few little things im fretting over like the elusive knocking from the drivers side which i still haven't found after 2 years, and the squeeking clutch pedal that im hoping is a simple fix!

Other than that im chuffed with it. Sportlines have just got on and im now looking to replace the exhaust with something fruity.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
My Clio. Mark 1, phase 3. 1.2 8V

Interesting is my car, replaced engine, O/S driveshaft, welded manifold up, replaced front N/S headlight (fell out going around round-about), took out sunroof to fix leak (had to cut headcloth slightly), Sump leaked, sump developed a hole, replaced brake hoses, tightened handbrake cable (3-4 times), changed the exhaust from non standard to standard, changed the wheels back to standard.

Although because of my age 19, the car is a 1.2l i really enjoy driving my clio, quite fun and makes me smile a lot.

Headturner - No.

Overall because of the faults it should be 3/10.

But because i enjoy the car 6.5/10.

182 +cuppacks Build - Rat a tat tat
Driving position - I feel like Mr Magoo
Dealers - Del Trotter
Soft paint ( black gold ) look at it wrong and theres a new mark
Lack of low down power - Big tanks of TDI pulling from you at the lights

Apart from the above i love it 10/10, VAG Turbo next i think!

leon

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
mk2 172 - 7/10

Its ok, had a couple of things wrong but normal stuff really.

ford focus
1.2 extreme one

8/10 not had it long and i had a micra before it so step up just want something a lot quicker and possibly not renault

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Clio 1.2 16v Extreme 1 (52) -- -- 6/10 Standard
8/10 Lowered

when it was standard didnt like it that much, only bought it as i needed a car quick as mine was proper fukd.

8/10 now because i have lowered it stiffen up the ride and feels alot more nippier, :D

172 Cup
so far, 7/10

that'll go up once i sort a few mechanical probs and get it on track - feels as though it'll be a right laugh on track

never be more than 9/10 though - the gearbox is too much of a shame

visualize whirled pe
MK2 RSi 1.6

7.5 - 8 / 10

Like the way it goes and handles. Nice interior and I like the colour.

I'm not happy about the cost of repairs which makes me drive it like it's about to self destruct, even though it's probably tougher than I give it credit for.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
4/10. Its a Rover 100, So everything abnout it is bad, But it costs me £315 a year to insure, (im only 20), Its great on fuel and I actually enjoy owning a car I dont worry about.

Mk1 Facelift '97 1.2
3/10 mines a bag of s**t atm because im getin parts collected and have wheels waiting to go on when all bodywork sorted and resprayed. plus evrything breaking atm.

if you had asked me before last weekend... 6/10.

however thats the past, and im now very, very happy with the 182... so 10/10 for me.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

10/10 fecking loves it!! but dont like the t***s that keep putting dings in the body work!!!!!!!

cock mobile.
R26 9/10

Best all round car I've owned, plenty of fun and great over the commute.

Not "raw" or powerful enough to earn a 10, but then if it was raw it wouldn't get a 10 for being too hard on the commute.

Maybe I'm too fussy.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
172 Cup - 6.5/10

Not as much fun as i expected but not unhappy with it. I don't like the look of it too much but performance is good but not great. I'm thinking Integra Type-R may need a test drive at times but for some reason i want to like the Cup, its as if the potential is there but its not delivering...

:quiet: