ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hard to find paint!! Nv676

clio 1.5DCi 100
So I've trawled the Internet, been into most shops and have spoke to renualt (who want to charge me a fortune) I am finding it very difficult to find my paint code! It's nv676. Every Renault garage I've spoke to have told me my colour code is JUST 676 pearl black, you may be aware that there is over 10 different 676 pearl blacks!! Argh!! Anyone know how I can get my hands on the nv676 colour?!? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Monaco 53/468
Where abouts are you? There's a motor factor near me called GMF who mix paint on site and its always spot on. Worth googling to see if you have a local branch???

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As per above. Most towns will have an auto paint mixing place as bodyshops will need it. There will be some on internet, but it is best if they can see the paint in front of them to get best colour match as there are many different variants of the same colour as you have mentioned yourself.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
halfords have 3 types now. 2 are from the mk3 pearl blacks and 1 from a mk2

you are very lucky to even get a match from halfords lol

best to go somewhere and get them to make a test sample to match with your paintwork.

i have learnt the hard way, my roof is original pearl black and the rest of the car was resprayed ' pearl black '. end result, two totally different shades

Jesus... Nail - Head.

http://auto-paint.co.uk/carpaint/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=14

Mixed paints. Mixed a good few cans for me. Postage is cheap too but I personally go there and they mix it for me since it's only round the corner. Halfrauds told me to make my red on my Clio I had to have an orange mixed in with it which contained lead and there premises is not licensed for leaded paint. Took it autopaint they said it was a load of crap then mixed me up a few cans.

Halfords stuff is fine. If you can tell the difference between the cup spoiler and the roof, you're lying.

8103910784_c2da20b7d3_z.jpg

Cup Spoiler by joe.drewery, on Flickr

Halfords stuff is fine. If you can tell the difference between the cup spoiler and the roof, you're lying.

8103910784_c2da20b7d3_z.jpg

Cup Spoiler by joe.drewery, on Flickr
When I used it the difference was quite obvious in person.

Pearl Black 676 is black with white, purple, green etc. flake when the sun hits it. The Halfords one was just black with white flake and looked tacky.

I'd use Auto-Paint in the link I recommended if you want peace of mind.

K4M ph2
purple and green? mines pearl black and has only ermmmmmm pearl? flakes in it, the halfords stuff was spot on for me also, perfect colour match, i know its halfords, i know theyre reputation but it worked for me.

purple and green? mines pearl black and has only ermmmmmm pearl? flakes in it, the halfords stuff was spot on for me also, perfect colour match, i know its halfords, i know theyre reputation but it worked for me.
Both of mine must have had a respray then.

My old pearl black was great in the sun, had gold green white and purple flakes in it. Ive only used the renault touch up for small scratches where you wouldnt really notice a difference