ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness fitment in the trophy

Megane r26
Right I've got a 182 trophy an the seat belts are looking tired so I'm looking into fitting some harnesses. Now I know where I'm going to mount the rear strap after looking at a few motors on here but where do the mount the lap straps?

Any help much appriciated

Dan

Lotus Elise
Someone on trophy.co.uk found some sexy brackets, Sir_Dave had some in his at some point. PM him.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Sam I'll give him a shout.

Tell me more? Seen a few t's with them fitted running treadlines :s

It's all about the angle of the seat back rest. On bucket seats they have to installed with the back rest nigh on vertical, or that's what all the gumpf said when I bought my pole position recaros. You have a small window of tolerance of a few degrees reclined, but that's your lot.
Also if the harness straps are at the wrong angle you could potentially damage your back in a accident.

You can buy harnesses that are ok to use on standard seats though. Scroth do them for definite, but they are car specific.

I've just noticed your in burton/swad!! Is your trophy the one with a private plate and what looks/sounds to be a yozza exhaust? If so, I've seen you knocking around a few times!!

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I did yeh, the rest were mounted on a cage but I'm sure you'll find suitable points.

Jekyll that's exactly what I was planning on doing, retaining existing seatbelts so I've got the option of both, but I've got harnesses which are the clip on type rather than bolt on, so need eye bolts. Unfortunately the side mounting points are not UNF size, they're M10 bolts, so getting hold of M10 eye bolts over 23mm is quite a challenge.

I think Jenic has saved me however, I can just mount those bracket things using the existing bolts then clip the harnesses to them, and bolting the rears under the isofix bar, or possily at the top of the rear quarter where the rear seatbelts are mounted up the top.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't know they did a kit!

I just bought 4 of what I linked to, got them recommended by the guy I bought my Recaros off, and then just utilised existing bolts to fit them. Didn't need any washers etc.

You can buy eye bolts in M10 anyway so no need to rethread them.
Its more the length that is the issue. The existing M10 bolt that goes through the pretensioner is ~ 35mm length, and the other lower mount for the seatbelt on the side is ~ 40mm thread length.
I can only find Eyebolts in M10 size that are < 25mm thread length, which is a bit short to be on the safe side..

I think I'm just going to get 4 of the things Jenic has linked, looks like they could be just the trick.

Last edited:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I know this is a slightly old thread but better than starting a new one. Ive just got some harnesses but im not sure how to mount the lap straps. I think il need to drill a hole on the inside of the car behind the hand brake and use a spreader plate to fit the inside strap. For the outside strap, I gather the bolt that holdes the seatbelt rail on is an M10 ~40MM long. Does anyone know where I can get 2x eye bolts M10 ~40mm long? Or can someone explain how to bracket that Jenic listed works?

Mine are mounted using the brackets Jenic listed:
The other side is mounted with the same bracket but using the bolt that holds the lower seatbelt mount (on the side)

DSC03366.jpg