ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness Fitting Help Required

clio 172
Just been fitting my 4 point Sparco Harnesses and have a little issue with the eye bolt fittings,

Now I have four of these Supplied with the harness,

IMG00085-20110227-1708.jpg

Off which 2 fit the exsisting rear seat holes which is fine. Now how do I fit the lap belts, i.e here,

IMG00078-20110227-1641.jpg

By the drivers door, and here

IMG00079-20110227-1642.jpg

By the hand brake.

Now the eye bolts are ok for the rear but are too big for the original seat belt mounts. My question is has anyone expanded the holes for the eyes or been able to buy correct eyes for the front.

The Fixing by the hand brake is the 8M x 50mm fixing suggested to fix the subframe to the car, has anyone found a 50mm eye bolt to replace this fixing and allow the harness to be clipped in. This seems like the simplest solution.

(Just a couple of pic of buckets overall)

IMG00080-20110227-1642.jpgIMG00076-20110227-1641.jpgIMG00081-20110227-1704.jpg

PS, no comments on harness locations, once I find a solution to the mounting point issues I will move them to the high mounting point but this is also a smaller hole for the eye bolts.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG00077-20110227-1641.jpg
    IMG00077-20110227-1641.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 689

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yes you can purchase the correct eye's for the front, I had to do the same thing a little while ago, ill search for the info for you now...

For the mounting of the inner harness I mounted mine to the subframe itself with a bolt, my subframes had mounts for this btw!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
This was the thread I got the info from, even though the link seems to go to a panel filter now lol, obviously changed their site but they used to stock them, got my 2 from there :)

Clio extreme 2 16v
For the mounting of the inner harness I mounted mine to the subframe itself with a bolt, my subframes had mounts for this btw!

this is what i did in my old 106. you could probably bolt the eye onto the subframe for it to clip on to.

clio 172
I have the OMP sub frames, so could drill a hole solving the inner (handbrake) issue.

Be great if anyone knows of the correct eyes for the door side as this is my preferance using the original mountings.

Thanks for your help so far...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i found my eyelets the correct size for the b pillar mount!

and on the other side i opened up the hole that original seat bolts to and put a nut underneight the car!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
errr, i think i did it in my mk2 ph1,
they in my mk1 now, im guessing youve tried and the bolts dont fit??

i guess if you have to you could just use the original bolt that goes into that hole and put it through the clip??
it will knacker the moving part of the clip though!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I already posted up the thread with all the info on the door side eyes mate, look above :)

clio 172
Thanks Greeny, I had a look at this, so its seems like welding a plate or an M10 eye bolt is required. Shame the link points to an air filter!

M10 eye bolts seem to be easy to find.

Thanks for your help,

Phil