ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

^ Yes matey. Got them from Fancyplates. :)

Couple of photos from last night:
6866187166_4b86e420d0_z.jpg

Sunflower by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6866186858_989393e0a7_z.jpg

Hey Boizzz by Harpham y0, on Flickr

I hope to replenish all my detailing stock this month, as i've got a few people asking me to do their cars, so i'll be doing mine first, which will hopefully be in the next few weeks (when I actually get a weekend off).

Really cannot wait until the summer and show season (i.e. CSS).

Meh...

Not much to update recently, apart from the fact that my exhaust is pissing me off!!
It was hanging very low. Got it adjusted. Started rattling on the rear mount. Had it adjusted again and lifted higher. Now it's rattling on the f**king heat shield. FFS!! Can't get it in the right place!!!! :mad:

I've just spent £150 on detailing gear, so as soon as the weather picks up again, I plan to give it a real going over and get it looking factory fresh again.

I may also finally fit the new steering wheel, that has been sat in my room since November last year. MOT is next month too. If it flies through that, ill be getting the wheels refurbed and some Polarised Bolts, ready for the summer shows.

Love this shed...

There's a knack with those K-Tec stealths mate

If you loosen the backbox from the mid pipe and turn it you change the height of the bend - a combination of doing that and moving it up and down will get it level and quite high up without hitting the beam or the heat shield

Bit of a pain :(

^ Yup. Ill keep playing about with it. I can deal with it atm though. Just a little annoying.

Bullets

Had a spare set of bullets knocking around, so I decided to nip down to Halfrauds and buy a touch up pen, so that I could pain my bullets.
Finish isn't great, as you'd expect from using a s**tty brush, but meh. Ill clean it up when the paint is properly dried etc.

Take one of Halfords finest touch up pens:
6b744b00.jpg

Add two bullets:
c173aaee.jpg

Results in:
94358b47.jpg

On the car:
a9e52add.jpg

b8725351.jpg

0e0d318a.jpg

It's a pretty rough finish LOL. The photos make it look better than what it is. I'm not sure of them tbh, seeing as the yellow is much brighter than the Sunflower. Hmmm.
Ahh well, I can have two different looks now ;)
(I may end up sending them to Spray Shack or something in the summer to do them properly)

I may give the engine bay a going over today, if I cannae be bothered.

Sunflower Ph1 172
looks ok from a distance, but the colour match isn't great. Probably look good if you could do them in Sunflower.

Yup, they do stick out like a sore thumb lol. Too much of a colour contrast. I may swap them back over to standard and send these off for someone to do a good job of them ;).

Just had a quick start at the engine bay. f**k it's dirty. Going to take me more than half hour or so at getting this up to stratch. I want a steam cleaner lol.

b0e04889.jpg

After a quick blast with some Britemax Grime spray stuff and a cloth...
fc20fc35.jpg

The underside of the bonnet was also ditched, so I gave that a bit of a going over too.
ccde8954.jpg

I can see the engine bay taking me a very long time to do LOL.

Megane 225 F1
3. things.

YOu're missing an oil cap cover.

Remove the engine cover (kinda solves point 1 at the same time)

Remove that bit of fluff on the bonnet.

3. things.

YOu're missing an oil cap cover.

Remove the engine cover (kinda solves point 1 at the same time)

Remove that bit of fluff on the bonnet.
3 replies.

1. Thank you. I hadn't noticed that it didn't have that. (Actually on my list of things to get hold of)
2. No Deal.
3. No Deal.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Needs ph2 side strips IMHO. ;)

Whatre you going to use on the inlet? Would metal polish and a cloth (and a lot of elbow grease) get it nice and clean. Not polished to the extent some are, just cleaner?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Copy cat! your bullits look better than mine ill give you that though ;) and get a wheel brush for getting in about the corners of the engine bay. Its coming up not bad though ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I got sick of saying ph2 rear bumper so I've moved to side strips :p

Is it me or do ph2 rears generally look better than ph1s?

Ph2 172 bumper > ph1 bumper

200 diffuser > 197 diffuser

I have my Cup spoiler. No other Ph2 part is going on the car.
Jon, yeah the bonnet is grim. It's bugging me, knowing its that bad. Made a decent start though.
You penis, I told you I'd mix one of those in Sunflower for you! Douche.
Did you?! FFS. I thought you said to me a while back that you just used Halfords finest generic yellow, which is what I bought. :(
/imamong

(Do you still fancy doing one for me please?! Lol)

I have my Cup spoiler. No other Ph2 part is going on the car.
Jon, yeah the bonnet is grim. It's bugging me, knowing its that bad. Made a decent start though.

Did you?! FFS. I thought you said to me a while back that you just used Halfords finest generic yellow, which is what I bought. :(
/imamong

(Do you still fancy doing one for me please?! Lol)

Haha, I guess when you have your engine rebuilt it comes back looking a little fresher ;)

IMG_0706.jpg

Still need to finish that off though!

Yes, I'll sort one this week and post it to you.
Nice one dude. Ill drop you a text some point, so that we can sort out some pennies ;). Appreciate it!!

I've dropped some standard bullets back on for now.
Haha, I guess when you have your engine rebuilt it comes back looking a little fresher ;)

IMG_0706.jpg

Still need to finish that off though!
Does look good mate. I need to get mine to that level and then go full anal and make it look factory fresh. Mick @ DM painted part of my engine black anyway, which has already tidied it up slightly.

MOT

Sunflower had it's MOT this morning.

5ab7d05d.jpg

It failed.

6ba78531.jpg

Nothing too much, thankfully. Ill be getting the balljoint ordered asap. Ill try and get my drivers seat taken out tomorrow, so that we can sort that (the problem with that is one side of the runner, or whatever, doesn't want to slide forwards or backwards. It never bothered me, as luckily it was only one notch closer to the pedals than what id usually drive at anyway. Got to sort it now though...).

Not sure what to think of the advisories though, well, the tyres anyway. He says that they are wearing moreso on the inside. So could this be due to the balljoint, or is there anything else that I may need to look at to ensure that I don't ruin these tyres about 6 months after having them?! lol
Re. rear springs. I'm not too concerned about those. I'll be looking into the potential of the Eibach Prolines at some point over the summer I think.

So... 10 days to get this yellow shed roadworthy...

Sunflower Ph1 172
Tyres could be down to the balljoint and/or tracking being out. Did you not notice the balljoint knocking?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Shitter mate.

The balljoint is piss to change and that having play will affect your tracking. Your tracking is what causes your tyres to wear unevenly most of the time.

Nice simple fixes for you anyway, just make sure if you do the balljoint yourself that you take it to get it's tracking done, I'd also suggest that for the money you just buy 1 for both sides. It's fairly cheap iirc.

If you go to Euro Car Parts I'm pretty sure they use the Lemforder ones that Renault supply anyway.

Yup. Once Wests has got back to me, ill see how much he wants and compare with ECP. Probably nip down tomorrow to ECP if Wests is much more. We'll be doing the balljoints ourselves. I might aswell do both, as you say, as they don't look too expensive. I never heard any type of knocking or anything though tbh.

Tbf, for a car that had sat for 2 years and hardly moved, I don't think that's a bad result. Repairs all in will probably cost, what, sub £50. Could have been a lot worse.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Drivers seat is going to cost you just time if it's yourself looking at it (hopefully)

Balljoints are about £20 with the discount code so £40ish

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...0d09fd264e39d4897a6b0ad90ea708ffe64412&000019

That's what they are saying is the right one. Just double check on here what bolt size you should get, something is making me think that M10's are wrong...

Actually just checked, they list both as they're clueless.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...d6e9b47da2483eb4dee46ad87fc5aefc03ddc8&000019

That's the M12 one. I'm sure that's the right one.

Yeah, a quick search says that it's the 12mm holes, so the bottom one would be the right one. Cheers for that Rhys.
25% off ECP... Would be rude not to change both at that price.

I think the seat will be fine. I bet it's just jammed on something. We'll see...

After fixing my seat yesterday, I gave the 'flower a good/quick going over.

529b12b3.jpg

2ce42c33.jpg

Fitted some FCS stickers, but ill probably take off the orange one.
a134f930.jpg

Also, since owning the car, the passenger seat's handle which flips the seat forward has been nowhere to be seen. When taking the drivers seat out yesterday, I found it lodged within it, along with a manky old McDonalds chip and a receipt for fuel in London.
Yey.
62e6617c.jpg

Will hopefully have an MOT by the end of this coming week, now that all the issues have kinda been solved, so once I have that certificate, I will hopefully have some goodies on their way (i'm refusing to buy anything until I have the certificate lol).
An advisory was also that my rear springs are rusty. The temptation is now there to get some Prolines. It would be rude not to, afterall. ;)

Well i've had an annoying morning...

Took the car back for the MOT retest. Failed again. Turns out that the ball joint fitted is either the wrong part or just not fitted right (hopefully the latter). FFS
Means that, instead of detailing my car, i've got to f**king sort this s**t out tomorrow. MOT has run out now too, so I can't be driving it around. Really need to get this sorted by Monday.

Another £45 i'm going to have to throw away. FOR f**kS SAKE.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What did they say about it being fitted incorrectly? What exactly is wrong with it? It's literally 2 bolts into the wishbone and then the ball joint is secured into the hub with a pinch bolt.

Can you get pictures of the ball joint? And did you check that they gave you the right part? Sometimes they are retards and give you the wrong size for the sport.