ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

340i
Have you basically bought an RS Clio because it's a pretty colour then?? From what I can gather you don't like to give it some abuse?

I can answer that for him... Yes and Yes.

He's such a gayer (true story).

LOL pretty much. I don't tend to drive my cars hard during the week, as I'm a MPG wh0re, but I'll tend to have the odd blast when I fancy it and during the weekends.
Basically, a 1.2 would be sufficient power for me ;).

Stickerz and Failz

My wonky yellow CS URL sticker was bugging me, so I ordered another one. /OCD
6887083121_8a0993ff0f_z.jpg

Detail After - Photoshoot With Feirny by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Gone with the OEM standardy CS sticker look ;)...
6d238585.jpg

/Dirty shed but straight sticker

Also failed today. I thought that I would actually attempt to fit something myself on the car. That didn't happen. I've had the K-tec stealth sat in my garage since January now, so thought id give it a go and fit all the new mounts whilst I was at it.
Cat-Centre bolts we're just trying to round off, so I feel the need for some fire...

0211flamethrower.jpg

Ill be getting it booked in tomorrow at my local exhaust place to fit it for me and to finally sort out the tracking too. Ill then sort out the exhaust mounts myself.
I've been rolling with this exhaust for too long now. LOL

I also had a blast (probably my first proper one in the Sunflower, now that i'm confident that it's not going to totally fall apart on me) last night on my way home from work. The roads from Buxton to Nottingham are great fun, until a "30mph w**ker" is sat in front of you lol.

Back to being flaccid

Just had the Scorpion system removed (finally!!) and replaced with the stealth. Also had the tracking done whilst I was at it. Car drives, feels, sound 19824893279423979x better. The exhaust is much quieter, but also has a nice tone when gunning it, and a massive bonus is that the car now drives in a straight line. BOOM!!

334d2975.jpg

Tracking was only a little bit out...

99ce57a2.jpg

Haiii flaccid.

329d0a20.jpg

Plan to get new plates ordered soon.

Just ordered a present (or two) for the 'flower.

Was thinking about this today too, to get the car how I want it aesthetically, I still have the following to do:
- Respray Cup Spoiler + fit
- New/clean number plates
- Wheel refurb
- Polarised bolts
- Paint 2.0 bullet inserts yellow
- Paint the interior door grab things, as they're very grubby
- Paint calipers black
- Add Yorkshire CS sticker ;) (still sat in my room - waiting for the Cup Spoiler, as it comes down lower than the standard)
- Detail the f**k out of it

I also want to sort new front discs/pads out at some point. They're still good, but just want to have new on.

All in all though, to get it looking how I want (minus the detailing gear), it should cost <£300. Only real massive expenditure will be the wheel refurb. Hopefully can find some place real cheap.

I'm really starting to become attached to this one, even though i'm doing a silly amount of mileage now. I get so many funny looks (although I guess that's just me)!

Last edited:
New Plates & Update

On Wednesday my new number plates arrived, thanks to Fancyplates. Every single screw was rusted to high hell, so we had to drill them out. Great success.
6841308056_03ebb5ebf5_z.jpg

16/3/12 New Plates - Rusty Bolts, Very Fun by Harpham y0, on Flickr

During the change:
6987430577_ccea53afcd_z.jpg

16/3/12 New Plates - During by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6987431097_53bce8c50d_z.jpg

16/3/12 New Plates - During by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Car is absolutely ditched at the moment:
6841309424_3117e59423_z.jpg

16/3/12 New Plates - Dirty Shed by Harpham y0, on Flickr
Won't be cleaning it until next weekend (as I should have my Cup Spoiler back by then). Filthy though.

Done:
6987432161_e55b1b2652_z.jpg

16/3/12 New Plates - New Rear by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6841310422_9d50749036_z.jpg

16/3/12 New Plates - New Front by Harpham y0, on Flickr

I love 3/4 plates on the Ph1's. Makes the front end look soo much meaner. I wanted to go smaller, but I don't want to take the piss too much with it lol. I think i'm lucky to not get away with it, as it is tbh.

Oh and you eagle eyed viewers will spot another new addition too ;). Need to add to the "Girl's Car" look. /heyboiiizzzz :eek:

So, as mentioned, the Cup Spoiler will be picked up next week, so an update should be coming next weekend, after fitting and cleaning it.

Also in the process of contesting this:
ae2210da.jpg

Got the pleasure of this parking fine at my workplace. My staff permit wasn't visible, so the warden decided it would be good to ticket my car. b*****d. So, i've had to fart around this week with contesting the fine. Knowing my luck, this'll be the time that they don't get rid of a fine for a member of staff.

Cup Spoiler and Yorkshire CS

Finally picked up my Cup Spoiler from the bodyshop, so got that fitted straight away. Now that the spoiler is fitted, I have now finally fitted my Yorkshire ClioSport sticker too. Boom.

Colour match isn't 100%, but for £30 and the fact that the colour is a ballache to get perfect, i'm not complaining. I only notice because i'm mega anal.

Quick iPhone photos:
5d1b5fd4.jpg

30b6c4aa.jpg

73474d5d.jpg

f9b360f7.jpg

Ill be giving it a clean tomorrow and then go out for some half decent photos.

Also, I don't know whether anyone can offer any advice, but the centre section of my exhaust is hanging ridiculously low. I cant even get it down the drive. New exhaust mounts we're fitted when the system was put on. I had it adjusted at the garage where I had it fitted, which did raise it up, but it's still sitting low and scraping on the drive. The rear section is fine and not hanging too low.
Id appreciate any help. :)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chocolate Orange 172
Looks good, love that colour yellow! Have you tried the socket mod? I am guessing they hang in the same place on the PH1 as they do on the PH2??

Looks good, love that colour yellow! Have you tried the socket mod? I am guessing they hang in the same place on the PH1 as they do on the PH2??
That won't help, as that is for the rear section. I need the centre section to be lifted up somehow. The back box is almost as high as it'll go anyway.
Oi polish, where's my Yorkshire sticker?
You haven't picked it up yet. You owe me for a month's storage. ;)

So much better with that exhaust off mate, I'm liking the 3/4 plate on the front too good addition :)

Hope your going to take another good picture of mine at the FCS, the one you took last yr is the best one I have :approve:

So much better with that exhaust off mate, I'm liking the 3/4 plate on the front too good addition :)
Hope your going to take another good picture of mine at the FCS, the one you took last yr is the best one I have :approve:
Car is a million times better with this exhaust, plates and spoiler on.
Hopefully ill be able to get one of ours together ;).