ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
But they look terrible ;). Clear side repeaters were the first thing I bought for it.

Haha yes they do so I'll let you off :p
[/FONT]

Really like this car, craigs supercharged one had 100,000 miles worth of swirls lol Was a nightmare but check the recent pics of his and it still looks amazing 8 months down the line

It sure does Chris :approve:

The "not really much to update with" Update

Not a lot has happened since the detail with Feirny. I'm trying not to rush everything with the car, so that I don't get bored of it ;).

I've just given the car a much needed wash with my dwindling amounts of detailing products (urghh, need to get loads of stuff ordered soon) and done a couple bits...

Firstly, my OCD came into play again, as it did with the Titanium.
fbd29e12.jpg

I got rid of that scruffy looking alarm sticker, to clean that door up a little bit and so that each side have the same stickers in each window.

Also added some R.S. mats from the 200. Would have been rude not to with the Yellow stitching/lettering ;).
a99cc166.jpg

Finally, heres how the Sunflower currently stands:
d1cc54e1.jpg

Apologies for the iPhone shots. Cba to get the camera out for such little updates lol.

I was planning to remove the exhaust this weekend and go back to a flaccid system, but that'll probably have to wait until next weekend now.
Now that ill be working like a boss, and not like a part time doley, as I properly start my new job this week, I may drop the Cup Spoiler off for a cheeky respray. I was thinking about a Trophy Spoiler, but meh, it'll be too much effort and the Cup spoiler looks quality anyway.

The paintwork bugs me everytime I look at it. Im sure the previous owner used a yard brush to clean it lol. I can't wait to detail it properly and get it minty fresh!!

So, my current to-do list:
- Replace exhaust system
- Replace wonky CS sticker - bugs the hell out of me!!
- Sort out the Cup Spoiler
- Massive detail (probably the biggest thing for me)
- New plates
- Wheel refurb (and maybe get polarised bolts in the summer to complement this)
- Replace all discs and pads. I know the rears are definitely getting ready, so I might aswell do the whole lot at some point.
- Im contemplating removing all the rear badges, as the RS one is looking pretty tired/rough, plus the Clio badge is wonky for some reason :S

Think that's everything atm.

:)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the renault sport mats from? I like the yellow touches and even though I've bought some genuine Renault ones, I'd like the idea of your but in red for mine :)

Just need some night shots now ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I agree, those mats just do not suit it at all.

Send them to me and I'll see if they suit the T better ;)

The mats are the ones that came in my 200. I kept them when it went back to the dealer. Genuine RenaultSport mats.

They're staying in there either way. I like them and cba with the hassle to get some others that are actually made to fit the Mk2's, with yellow stitching etc.

If you want some standard 172 mats (I assume they are the ones that were in from new, as both my Ph1's had exactly the same mats in them), then feel free to purchase them off me ;).

Really??! That's crap. I thought it was just the Clio badge that had the holes in. FFS, that changes some plans. I was considering partially debadging, due to the RS badge being pretty tired looking.

Still a cleaner shed than yours like.
<3

Edition 30
Yeah, wing mirrors hanging off like no tomorrow.

Hope the suns out, I'll have the roof down!

Get some proper mats! You're living the high roller full time life now, no excuse.

P.s bring that backbox with you on Sunday.

P.p.s my F1s will be for sale at the weekend if you want a set to refurb

Really??! That's crap. I thought it was just the Clio badge that had the holes in. FFS, that changes some plans. I was considering partially debadging, due to the RS badge being pretty tired looking.

Still a cleaner shed than yours like.
<3

Aye the Ph1 bootlid has holes on both sides. Shitter really. Which new RS badge were you thinking of?

^ I wasn't sure tbh, as I like the standard look. Just want to replace the tired looking badges. I was tempted by the new one, but I just don't think that they look right on the Mk2's.

Are the original mats blue? What sort of condition are the driver side mats in?
Yeah, they're blue and they seem to have two holes on the drivers mats near to where the seat would be (was the same with my old Ph1 mats too). Seem to be in good condition though.

Last edited:
The Saturday Morning Rush

This week, the Sunflower broke. Kind of.

On Wednesday night, on my way home from work, the rear end of the car was making some funny noises. On inspection in the dark, it seemed that the rear exhaust mount had gone. No problem. In the morning before setting off for work, I did the old 'socket and cable tie' pikey fix until I could get hold of a new one. That didn't sort the noise out, so had to drive my dad's car on Thursday (1.8 Vectra, urghhh). He inspected it whilst I was at work. Decided it was going to be a wheel bearing that had gone. I was in need of some new rear brakes anyway, so looks like I had to take the plunge now. I got typing to a couple of our traders on here to see whether they could get me the products by Saturday, as I need the car for the CS meet on Sunday and if I don't get it done at the weekend, i'll be working too many hours during the week to sort it.

Friday. 2pm. Paid for some new genuine Renault exhaust mounts (centre coming at a later date) and Hub Nuts from Tom @ Wests Renault. Just arrived. Epic service. He even gave me a call regarding my order. As always, awesome service.

d507faf0.jpg

So now, I am just awaiting my new discs and pads from G172 to arrive. Tracking says they'll arrive in about an hour. Hopefully I can get this sorted by the end of the weekend!!

I was planning to have my exhaust finally swapped over today, but need to stop in for this order. Looks like i'm rolling with the 2984589" exhaust for another week, as I have work this afternoon. :(
I'm going to try and drop off my Cup Spoiler to my local spray guy to sort out this week too, if I get chance.

Edition 30
Overnight parts from Japan?

Still there tomorrow? If you think yours broke, wait till you see mine :(

Overnight parts from Japan?

Still there tomorrow? If you think yours broke, wait till you see mine :(
Something like that, only they've been sent from Leeds and Cambridge.

Yeah, I should still be there. We plan to sort the brakes out in the morning, ready for the meet. Trying to convince Syn0b to come too.
That's your fault for buying some Jap Crap, rather than my old shed ;).

Edition 30
You sold it before I had chance!

My wing mirror glass flew out on the A1 two days ago, because drift car.

^ LOL. Because Jap Crap.
Should have been quicker ;). Part of me misses that shed.

The Saturday Morning Rush Part 2

My order with G172 has just arrived. BOOM! Epic service from this trader too.

45f93c55.jpg

So in summary, my car is a shed and Tom @ Wests Renault & George at G172 are epic. Cheers guys!!

Good news. Fitted new brakes today, sorting out the problem.

Bad news. Dad broke the drivers exterior door handle, so now I have to enter through the passenger door. LOL. Won't have time to look at it now for a few days either. Fun times.

Cba to clean it atm. No point with my commute to my new workplace. Ill clean it when i've sorted all the bits out that need doing.

Passenger door > attempting to go through the boot. ;)

I can still exit through the drivers door though.

Sunflower content, pg12 onwards..
Did you opt for 'paupers membership' ? I'm only starting to see pg10 now.
I didn't change thread title, although yeah, starts at page 12.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Rip the door apart, takes about five minutes.

How is it broken exactly?

If you unlock from the inside once, does it then open from the outside until locked again?

For the next three days, i'm literally going to be out of the house all day.

I think it must have just come apart somewhere. The exterior handle just doesn't do anything. Interior is fine etc. But since i've had it, the handle has always felt iffy tbh. Ill take it apart later on in the week and sort it. I'm sure it'll be a simple fix.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's basically just a rod and clip system, probably unclipped itself from somewhere. Just hope you haven't snapped a clip as it's a bit of a awkward git.

Even if you have, new door mechs are cheap as piss.

Yup, thats what I thought. Hopefully it'll have just unclipped itself. We'll see...

Ill just have a bit of fun over the next few days, climbing over the passenger seat.

Dunno. They stop me when I'm driving lol. They're not squeeling, which is all I'm bothered about tbh. I don't drive hard, so I won't see the full potential of them either way.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Dunno. They stop me when I'm driving lol. They're not squeeling, which is all I'm bothered about tbh. I don't drive hard, so I won't see the full potential of them either way.

LOL! I've been told they are pretty good tbh. Know a few people using them for trackdays on ZSOC, may have to invest as the greenstuff pads I'm using are tripe.