ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

The nipple ring isn't coming off. ;)

TREs have been done recently. What bushes did you have replaced? How much did it cost for you to get them done? Would you go with Powerflex or standard for the inner arb etc?
I'm going to budget so much to just take it down to Mick and get him to do all the work. Hi Mick.

Steering is the only thing that lets this car down imo.
I do want to source another set of rims at some point though, as the finish on mine are starting to crack in places.

Last edited:
Haha i hope its on tight at CSS ;)

I've changed the ARB bushes, bottom arm bushes with powerflex i can't remember how much they cost would have to check & steering rack bushes with oem ones & i changed them all myself so wasn't an expensive job. A million times better now, coupled with the new TRE's & ball joints.

The ARB bushes seem reasonable on Kam. £45 for them.

I think (I may be wrong), but Mick may have already done the steering rack bushes on mine, when I first got hold of it, so ill tick that off for now.
I know that the Wishbone Powerflex bushes are a ballache, with regards to having to tack weld them in (?), so ill leave them for now too, as Mick wouldn't be able to do that.

I wish I had planned ahead and bought Top Mounts to fit when I had the coilovers fitted now, because that's going to be a ballache/big expenditure when I fancy doing that.

They arnt that bad to do, but i done mine when i had the full front end off so I just tack welded them at work. The top mounts are easy to fit, i already had my coilovers on when i fitted them. They also changed the feel of the car. Solid engine mounts did too just vibrate the car till you get used to it lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Harpham, you're a bad man. There's few cars out there that makes me want one of these again, but this is one of them.

Just right.

(bar recaros and a ph2 dash). ;)

Wouldnt fitting new top mounts mean that the geometry would need doing again though, as don't you have to remove the struts?

Harpham, you're a bad man. There's few cars out there that makes me want one of these again, but this is one of them.

Just right.

(bar recaros and a ph2 dash). ;)
Lol. I'll take that as a complement. I frikken love this car Tbf.

It may see Recaros in the future. Just need to make everything else perfect first.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They're really not!

They're the "bridge" of the seat world (in camera terms).

Sure, there are more supportive seats out there, sure, there are more comfortable seats out there. But if I want a car in which I neither do 900000000 miles a year and want to sit on a sofa, or do 16 miles a year round brands and want to be unable to move, they're a great middle ground.

Alcantara base so you don't slide, enough wing to hold you in, but wide enough to get in and out of easily, be comfortable and be able to move around. They also look lovely.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Trendlines are still the most overrated seat known to man.

​Ph2 dash is fine, bit of a ballache, cant say its changed my life but its fine.

I agree. The recaros in a 200 cup would be nice though

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll grant you I'm probably a different shape but I find them less comfy and less supportive than standard, they're the turinis of the Clio interior ;)

I'd love a set of the Trophy Recaros (or even 200 Recaros, if they fit). They just look frikken epic. They're really comfortable IMO too.
Fingers crossed, one day it'll happen.

Ph2 dash is a definite No Deal though.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Trendlines look good in pics ;) also, the new wishbone bushes just push in, the old ones were the ones that bent and had shitey and needed tacked in.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Yeah fairly straight forward! If not i have some (old style powerflex) wishbones forsale, and some arb ones too ;)

CSS

Just a few photos from CSS. Stu & Ash decided to invade Notts on their way down from Scotland on Friday, so I spent the morning with them, banter, food and more abuse. Loved seeing you both!! A trip up Scotland is a necessity for me this year. x
All the photos that I took of our two together came out really really s**t though. :(

Ill start with the pre-show detail...
Before:
9124272925_834ae83b1b_c.jpg

Pre-CSS Detail - BEFORE Dirty by Harpham PT, on Flickr

After:
9126477820_5ecb80bc28_c.jpg

Pre-CSS Detail - Gloss by Harpham PT, on Flickr

9126491810_d752cd68fc_c.jpg

Pre-CSS Detail - CSS Sticker Stack by Harpham PT, on Flickr

9126489962_1003d74118_c.jpg

Pre-CSS Detail by Harpham PT, on Flickr

9124268831_64f9dc72c6_c.jpg

9126487756_2dc5bfa65d_c.jpg

LOVE this shot:
9124267331_5b9340169b_c.jpg

Pre-CSS Detail - OM NOM!! by Harpham PT, on Flickr

In the morning, just before leaving:
9124266117_43f2d18ccd_c.jpg

Pre-CSS Detail - Morning Shot by Harpham PT, on Flickr

Convoy down stopped at LFE. Hi Clarkey:
9124265231_8fbd5259d0_c.jpg

CSS '13 - LFE Convoy by Harpham PT, on Flickr

Frigging love these. Definitely going to test drive the 200T when my local dealer gets one.
9126480684_c80897b634_c.jpg

CSS '13 - Clio 200T NOM!! by Harpham PT, on Flickr

It rained. Standard beadage shot:
9126480054_820541cc19_c.jpg

CSS '13 - Sunflower Beadage by Harpham PT, on Flickr

ACHHHH NAEEEE. Hi Stu & Ash!!
9124259465_c8e78a6ede_c.jpg

CSS '13 - Duxford by Harpham PT, on Flickr

Some crap shots of all 3 'flowers. ;)
9124258515_62401a5ea2_c.jpg

9126476834_e8511000ac_c.jpg

Before CSS, I was considering the future of the sunflower, especially with the 200T on the horizon. After speaking with a few people about it (Dr Jekylls was especially passionate about this ;)), it reinvigorated my enthusiasm to make this car something special!!
Also, seeing both Craig & Stu's parked next to mine made me want to make mine just as special (i'm just well jelly).

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Car looks great mate, sorry to butt in on the sunflower shoot, just wanted to get a shot of the Craig's, Stu's and mine together with them all being charged. I didn't even get get the pic in the end either.

Get the car charged mate, you won't regret it, much more fun than a boring 200T

I'm definitely not charging it. They just don't seem reliable enough once you do that. I am tempted by another route though...

That won't happen until next year though, as then I know whether it's 100% the route I want to go down (as i'm an indecisive turd) and it'll give me time to uprate a few parts, such as engine mounts, bushes etc, which i'm going to be making enquiries about in the next few days.

People are right though. It'd be stupid to sell this car/move onto another project, especially seeing as i've never loved a car so much.

I've been doing some thinking. I think engine/gearbox mounts are the things to freshen up next.
Question is, should I go with genuine Renault or go the extra for the Vibra's?
Not really sure whether I'd benefit from having uprated mounts and it'd cost about £80 extra to go for them. The thought of extra vibration worries me slightly too, but I guess I need to go in a car with them fitted (haii Dave).

Ill also be buying Powerflex bushes soon, but I'm just waiting for someone on that count ;).

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You don't need anything other than standard Paul.

Powerflex on the dogbone, with the other two standard but new, make sure the engine is positioned correctly so there's no knocks etc, and you'll be happy as it gets.

If you are going to go down the ITB route in the future, get the uprated ones.

Although I don't really understand why you're bothered about performance upgrades anyway as you aren't a race car driver.

Standard mounts. Powerflex dogbone.

I love how people genuinely believe that I never drive it over 2k revs. ;)

Ill probably stick with standards for the moment then. I guess they'll be a massively improvement over the current ones anyway, which i'm assuming have been on for the full 87k that the cars done.
Already got the Powerflex Dogbone fitted. Ill be buying the rest of the Powerflex stuff in the near future to tighten up my suspension/steering.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I love how people genuinely believe that I never drive it over 2k revs. ;)

Ill probably stick with standards for the moment then. I guess they'll be a massively improvement over the current ones anyway, which i'm assuming have been on for the full 87k that the cars done.
Already got the Powerflex Dogbone fitted. Ill be buying the rest of the Powerflex stuff in the near future to tighten up my suspension/steering.

LOL! I didn't mean you don't need anything other than standard because you're Paul! I just meant you don't need anything other than standard, Paul.

If you search older threads, when this was the height of discussion, you'll see Fred et all, saying that the only one worth upgrading is the dogbone, and that the other two are just perfect as standard.

It wasn't a jab at you, Rob. LOL
It wasn't directed at anybody, but the locals always abuse me about the fact that i'm not constantly on the limiter :rasp:.

Ill get some standard mounts ordered. I need to sort a list out for Adam, as i'm pretty sure that there was something else that I wanted to order from him too...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm about 80% sure if you order the kangoo front engine mount it's cheaper and exactly the same thing.

I can't remember what variation but if you search you'll find it.

I manned up and made an impulse purchase...
null-17.jpg

Dayum!!

I should also have a new genuine throttle cable waiting at Diamond Motors for me. Mick has the pleasure of fitting all these bits for me ;).

Impulse purchase tbf ;).
At the end of the day, they don't lose too much value, so if I really hate them, then I can always sell them on for a small loss anyway and go OEM. It'll certainly make things much tighter anyway, which is what my main aim is atm.
Powerflex bushes next.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Give them 3 months before you decide anyway. I've been in cars where they feel mental, but often they're too far back etc, and some where it just feels really tight.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
oem? bollox, seen it this eve on its arse on coilovers and dirty spacers, and stripped rear, the vibra's will in no way make it feel any more harsh than it probably already is ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I should also have a new genuine throttle cable waiting at Diamond Motors for me. Mick has the pleasure of fitting all these bits for me ;).

I don't know but I did see Dave looking rather sheepish around a box recently lol