ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Today I took delivery of my final parcel, ready to take it up to Mick's next week.

Oh hai goodies...

ARB Bushes
null_zps1c45fc00.jpg

Cup Wishbones
null_zpsd405cd67.jpg

Pure Motorsport Top Mounts
null_zps05a8d589.jpg

Once that is done, ill get the geometry done again and I think ill be getting rid of the neg camber at the front, as it managed to destroy my front tyres in about 4 months of use LOL, plus my daily drive to work doesn't really warrant race car settings.

I also think that the Auxiliary belt is starting to squeal at me, so i'm going to get Mick to have a quick look when it's in with him to see whether it is that. If so, that'll be another bit of expense this month. I'm already broke this month, only got paid last Friday... Urgh.

Last edited:
  340i
Not at all. The steering feels worn, like a 13 year old car. I want everything to be fresh and tight, giggitty.

Is it wrong I selectively read that as "feels like a 13 year old" lol.

Can't believe how far the car has come on since we looked initially looked at it!

Winter Details

Completed an early winter detail today, as otherwise I probably won't have chance.

Usual process. Bucket & dirty sponge etc, followed by a layer of Tripple, 2x layers of Zaino Z2 and finished with my new Auto Finesse Desire wax. Awesome stuff!!
It was dark by the time I was done, so here's some shots after the 1st layer of wax. I'll hopefully get some better photos tomorrow.

10106349545_788a6acab0_c.jpg

5/10/13 Snowflower Winter Detail by Harpham PT, on Flickr

10106420013_4e851b741d_c.jpg

10106391226_a279b99c9a_c.jpg

10106390106_df933304c9_c.jpg

10106304014_a109e8b174_c.jpg

Shot of the winter wheels close up:
10106341315_20e82a78f4_c.jpg

This was once id finished, but as it was dark, I couldn't really get a good shot:
10106384406_45dfc5a472_c.jpg

On Wednesday, Mick @ Diamond Motors fitted me Cup Wishbones, Pure Motorsport Solid Top Mounts & Powerflex ARB bushes. I've since had it tracked (will be getting the camber sorted out too). Such an awesome improvement. It's pretty much driving exactly how I want it to now!

Mechanically, i've now done pretty much everything that I wanted to do. It'll just be a case of chasing things now when they go wrong ;).
I'll be giving it a service before winter kicks in, but apart from that, that'll probably be everything until next year...

Thanks guys. I'm pleased with how it's come up. Still got plenty of swirls and every time I detail it, it has more & more chips/little defects, but when I consider how old it is and how it was when I bought it, it looks fantastic.

I used Auto Glym's tyre shine yesterday. It's actually very good for the cost. There was another brand that I've used the past few times, which I got a sample of in last month's Waxybox, which was amazing, so I'll be buying some of that at some point.

I might start tart to tackle the engine bay today and seal up my silver F1s, as they'll be in storage over winter now.

I've never ever done an engine bay surprisingly, apart from a quick wipe down, so I'm pretty clueless. Today is just making a quick start.
Im getting Clarkey to teach me sometime soon though, as his bay is always mint.

Thanks again guys.

Been quite busy today. Car is already dirty, as I had to drive it early morning with all the morning dew on there. FUUU water marks.
Here it is parked up across my street. Stance looks perfect.
null_zps7a2cfa15.jpg

Gave the engine bay a quick going over. Still ditched, but meh...
null_zpsa6d50796.jpg

And one of the new top mounts. Epic bit of kit.
null_zps91dd80e0.jpg

Also cleaned up my silver rims. I was almost out of tar remover, so couldn't go all out and get rid of every bit of tar :(. Will have to sort that next year when the rims go back on the car.
They were absolutely covered in s**t.
null_zpsc5356f11.jpg

After:
null_zpsa3a03d8d.jpg

I currently don't like Clarkey, as just as i'm happy with how things are with the car, he's now putting ideas in my head.

Inferno 225 cup
I'm really not happy with your engine bay. At all!!! But the everything else is incredible mate.

I'll see you soon and give you a helping hand, shouldn't take long at all.

X

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Paul you need to give Adam a call and order the engine bay stickers.

You need to get this one.

This took me ages to sort, so i hope you feel lucky that ive told you....lol

Oh and a new engine coolant bottle from ebay would look good.

20130909_163808_zpsa12e9ea8.jpg

And then this one which is from a 197, but the only bit you need is the engine fan warning one. (2nd from the end)

20130914_172527_zpsc961b190.jpg

Done!!

20130915_104621_zps49386a56.jpg

I'm really not happy with your engine bay. At all!!! But the everything else is incredible mate.

I'll see you soon and give you a helping hand, shouldn't take long at all.

X
Yus!! Looking forwards to finding out how you keep yours so clean lol.
That's sitting perfect Paul! Looks fab mate :cool:

What's your views on the PM top mounts?
I haven't driven it too hard yet, due to the geo not being fully set up and my arches are currently scrubbing at the front, but the initial impression is that they're awesome. Even at slower speeds, the car feels much tighter around corners. Definitely a worthwhile buy.
I've finally got the steering & suspension to pretty much how I want it. I just need to take my wheels back to the garage, as i'm pretty sure that they've either balanced one up wrong or one has a slight buckle, as ever since they've gone on, my steering drifts to the left slightly.
Paul you need to give Adam a call and order the engine bay stickers.
Ordered the large one for now.
Luckily, this morning I was putting in an order with Adam anyway. ;)
Ordered some arch liner clips and a new centre exhaust mount, seeing as they're made of cheese and last about 2 seconds. Is there such thing as an uprated centre mount?

The Renault item is an updated part, it should be made of a red material which is stronger than the previous / older part.
I have a red one on already. Probably lasted a year.
The exhaust I have is one of the early & very heavy Ktec stealth ones though, so no surprises why it's killing my mounts.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lovely as ever chap, how you fixed this weekend coming? RB meets flower for a shoot? :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Good stuff, I have the red center one on mine and its fine. I also have the Prima racing rear mount though.

340i
I have a red one on already. Probably lasted a year.
The exhaust I have is one of the early & very heavy Ktec stealth ones though, so no surprises why it's killing my mounts.

Is the exhaust aligned correctly? Could be pulling / twisted on the mount slightly?

lovely as ever chap, how you fixed this weekend coming? RB meets flower for a shoot? :)
It's my weekend of lates at work, although I will be in Alfreton Sunday morning, if you fancied a really quick shoot.
Get Clarkey and Gray along with their sheds too... ;)
Good stuff, I have the red center one on mine and its fine. I also have the Prima racing rear mount though.
I have a genuine rear mount, but with a pikey socket cable tied in, as I found that to be sagging within a couple of months lol.