ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Looking great Paul, glad your happy with the coilovers. Ride height is spot on.
Cheers matey and thanks again for them. Well happy with them!!
Or I could be interested in the spacers if you were to sell and buy smaller Paul.
I've removed the rears. Micks had them back.
Looks horrible without the rear spacers. Dat tuck.

Just got back from Diamond Motors. Another quality bit of service. Track rod end changed.
I don't like my exhaust scraping on the way out LOL.

Going to look into the spacers with camber, as 10mm looks soo good and sack raising the suspension.

The rears are scrubbing. Do I need to get the fronts scrubbing too to be classed as 'low enough'?

In that case - needs more camber and lower lol

Nah looks absolutely ****-on
My front is currently about 10mm lower than yours and on any amount of hard cornering it rubs like a b**ch and that's with -3 degrees of camber :(

Lol. I am tempted to go about 5mm more on the front, but I think that'll be the limit on lows, as it's already scraping in some areas.
Going to sort the camber shims for the rear though, so that I can space it out again.

It goes in for geometry today. Since changing the TRE it's felt horrible, so can't wait to get this done and finally be abable to drive it properly.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very good on the coilovers mate, I personally wasn't a fan of the vmaxx but it certainly makes the car look good and doesnt feel bad on smooth roads lol.

Detailed the car today. Looks great. I'm going to sort a proper write up tomorrow, but for now, here's one crap photo to show...

8751879780_6d23772feb_c.jpg

18/5/13 Sunflower Detail by Harpham PT, on Flickr

Detail

So with show season now coming and with yesterday being the only spare day I have for a couple months, it was time to get the Sunflower detailed and start to tackle all these swirls. Unfortunately, I ended up being out until gone 3am on Friday, so when the alarm went off, it wasn't well received.
I forced myself to get it done, so didn't really take any photos before or during, as I just wanted to beast through it.

Here's a breakdown of the main products that I used during the day, as I know some have already been asking me:
- AF Snow Foam
- AF ObliTARate
- AF Iron Out
- AF Soul
- Wonder Wheels (tried out Tesco's finest wheel cleaner - isn't too bad for the money, I definitely prefer my Bilberry)
- 3M pads
- Menzerna IP2100 PO96 (I think it was - Whichever one is quite an abrasive polish. I wanted one that would hit the paint hard, as most of the swirls that are on the car are deep, which wouldn't get touched by lighter compounds)
- Gtechniq G1 & G2

- I was planning to give it an initial layer of AF Tough Coat, but for some reason the spray head didn't want to work, so instead of fannying around, I just went straight onto layering up wax.

So onto the photos from after. It genuinely does look wicked. So pleased with how it's come out, especially considering it was a hungover detail. It's certainly not swirl free, but is looking very well for a 13 year old car.

8753804716_14f4118f60_c.jpg

8752679443_51b22131c0_c.jpg

8753804236_0d83297c97_c.jpg

8753804036_f850fe9442_c.jpg

8753803854_663915f445_c.jpg

8753803608_1332769fe5_c.jpg

This photo demonstrates how much I need to sort out the rear spacers. Hopefully will get hold of a set with camber this week.
​Too. Much. Tuck.
8753803312_5751225fcc_c.jpg

It's got M.A.D 25mm spacers on the front.

I ordered some 10mm hub spacers with 1 degree of camber from Dan@M.A.D this morning too, so will see whether they gets rid of scrubbing issues.
​Fingers crossed.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

I ordered some 10mm hub spacers with 1 degree of camber from Dan@M.A.D this morning too, so will see whether they gets rid of scrubbing issues.
​Fingers crossed.

Who's fitting them? LoLz

I think my dad and I may attempt this one. Probably wont end well.

I keep changin my plans for the car. Think once I've been paid, it's all going to be about refreshing suspension/steering components.
​I also want to respray the interior grab handles, so they look less grubby.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

​Fingers crossed.

Car looks epic mate, thought you had 10mm rear spacers?

Car looks epic mate, thought you had 10mm rear spacers?
Cheers matey. It did have, but they scrubbed once the coilovers were fitted, so I'm having to go down the hub spacer route now.
Although, maybe a bit passed it. Fancy a challange yet? ;)
You may have an epic supercharged beast, but I will make sure that I always own the cleanest flower LOL.
I have visions of one wheel toeing out and the other having +10° camber lol
I can see them accidentally going on the front, or something else equally as retarded.

UPDATE

Last week, I decided to sort out some paint and respray the grab handles, as they were looking ridiculous.
null-2.jpg

Quick prep.
null-3.jpg

And done.
null-5.jpg

Not the best job in the world, but a massive improvement on what it was. Already took a chunk of paint out of one, being a mong.

I also removed my rear seats, as now it's getting hot, ill be transporting the bike around quite a bit more. Makes it much easier when I haven't got them in.
Also gives a bit more exhaust noise, which I can't complain about ;).
null-1.jpg

Moving on.... Today, we fitted my M.A.D. rear hub 10mm spacers with -1degree of camber.

Started like this:
null-7.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

I got to use my new cheapo low jack today.
null-11.jpg

Worked a treat :) .

Got rake?
null-12.jpg

After:
null-13.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-16.jpg

I'm happy again now that the rear is spaced out. It looked so wrong when I had to remove the normal 10mm spacers. Too much tuck.

We also sorted out my heat shield rattle and got it pinned back in place, which is nice.

Oh yeah and yesterday I fitted this:
null-6.jpg

The car is pretty much sorted for show season now aesthetically, minus uber amounts of cleaning and trying to tackle some swirls. ;)
​I'll update tomorrow with some proper photos after it's had a clean, rather than iPhone specials.

225 Cup & Williams
I fcuking hate you! I really want another ph1 and looking at yours makes me really angry that I sold my old one lol!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looks great mate, the Cup spoiler is a well worth mod.

​Have you fitted spacers to the front yet?