ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Inferno 225 cup
Jacob if you were selling up in the summer I'd actually buy yours, same with yours tbh paul.

Cheers Rob.

Thing is, me and Paul and Scott have ph1's that we have poured money into for our own sake to get them mint, we have spent many hours on them and the mods we have done have changed the car for the good.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I agree mate, the problem you're going to have is mods don't equal money. Obviously you can try to sell it for whatever you think it's worth, but it's a problem that'll make it harder to let go knowing you've sunk a lot of money into it.

The only exception to this rule with the clio's is recaro's as you can bolt them out in 20 minutes and sell them within an hour.

To be honest, taking into account all the spare parts that I have for the car (i've just written it down for someone - there is quite a bit), I don't see any reason why it won't be worth my valuation. If I can get the price that I want, then I will definitely be going for another 200.
Emotionally, I do look at the car at being worth much more, due to the time, effort & parts that have been put onto the car (as Jacob mentions), but I think i'm being relatively realistic.

As Jacob says, it is only a car. I frigging love it and will miss it massively, ill hate seeing somebody else drive it & know that nobody will be as meticulous as I am with it, but it just feels like it's time for a change and jumping back into a newer car.

Seriously though when you get a house you won't want a decent car sitting there worth £££ you'll want your ph1 back, I found this with my 350z. I mean if financially you can justify it then good on you, but if your looking at getting a house think long and hard about it.

all the best with the sale though if you go through with it!

Why wouldn't I want a nice car sat on the drive when I have a house? For the sake of a couple k extra in the bank, id rather have the car tbh and just work harder to earn a bit more. ;)

It's more of a case of it being my last chance to buy a decent car before I settle down and get a house (I actually went car shopping back in May but then decided to keep the Sunflower). Don't get me wrong, it's probably going to be well over a year, as the missus will have to start saving at some point, but as of January ill be basically in full savings mode, so no more silly spending will happen.

Once I have a house, that's game over in terms of car buying. Everything will go into the house, so it's either buy one now & have it long term, or stick with the Ph1 for a very long time (which isn't a bad thing tbf, i'm just ready for a more grown up feeling car).

Becuase youll want the money for it? better spent on the house etc. That was what I thought when I had a house with a half decent car outside. Then again I bought a house on my own so dont have surplus cash to warrant it.

I understand though, once you have the house you wont have the spare money to buy a car for a while. At times I wish I had of stuck with the 350z as cash would of balanced out again after a few months.

I was just speaking from my experience, but everyones circumstances are different so almost pointless.

Yeah, I appreciate the input tbh, as I do need to think about the long term now, whether I can afford to have a relatively expensive car sat on the drive when i'm a home owner, or whether it is best to stick with a cheap & cheerful ph1.
That's exactly my point. Both the missus and I have expensive lifestyles. Put a mortgage into the mix and everything will have to be cut back. She's got her horses, I want my expensive car before this inevitability happens ;). (She's told me to go for it, as she knows how much cars mean to me)

It's certainly a tough decision all round and isn't being taken lightly.

Inferno 225 cup
He's going to buy Paul's

Then your buying mine right?

I can understand where Paul is coming from wanting to buy now rather then when he's bought a House. I sold everything when I bought my house 3 years ago and now I'm gradually building up to my 7th car in that space..

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Not been looking tbh. A few pm's have been sent to jamie (Yeecup) and I'm waiting on him to find another car then I get 1st refusal. I may message him soon as I hate being without a car!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not been looking tbh. A few pm's have been sent to jamie (Yeecup) and I'm waiting on him to find another car then I get 1st refusal. I may message him soon as I hate being without a car!

Thought it was to far and you're budget wouldn't allow you to travel?
I guess you have saved up a bit more ££££

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It was originally. I wanted to sell mine 1st and use the money from the sale to purchase a new car rather than take money out of our mortgage savings and return the car sale money in there. Since the sale of mine he's dropped the price than originally quoted.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I shall text you tomorrow Scott to save clogging up Paul's thread :)

Anyways back on topic. Just think how much the 200 will cost and how much you would get for the flower. Get the difference and put half back into the mortgage and put the other half into the ph1 with mods. That way you can keep the love going on the ph1.

Paul, you could always just PX me, on the zed. That way you'd have a fun newer car, and I've have some spare money and a tasty sunflower ;)
But I'd have a worse car? No Deal. ;)

i know the 200 will cost me more and put a slight dent into my mortgage savings, but like I say as of next year, whichever car I have will be staying with me for a very long time, so it'd be worth the investment if it's going to last me quite a few years.

Put 6 months of tax on it yesterday.
This morning i've fitted a new genuine centre exhaust mount, as I think the old one was beginning to sag.

I've literally just finished doing a bit of a write up for a potential sale ad too. :( Sad times. Already had a few PM's asking about the car...

I've done all the research I needed to do, so if somebody comes with the right money, then yes, it'll go.
I'd have to find the perfect 200 though (which I've already PMd RSports about). Once a buyer is found, I'll be on the hunt.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Depends what somebody is willing to pay. I'm not sure what your asking but I'd imagine its going to make mine look too cheap lol