ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harpham's World Series Thread

Thought id make a quick thread about our day today at the World Series. I thought id give the infield parking a go this year.

Me and the missus arrived at Silverstone at around 8.30am. Ended up leaving at around lunch time. We got a bit bored after having a walk around, as they were all pretty much the same stands as last year (RAOC member didn't look to happy at me leaving so early).

Also, I couldn't stand all the pikeys touching up the 200, so that was another reason to leave ;)

It was a decent day tbh and for free, its great. Wish I would have stayed longer now, as because when we got back to Sarah's house, we got roped into straw bailing, so my afternoon/evening has been spent throwing bails of straw onto the back of a trat'or and then taking them back off. Fun times.

Anyway, enough talkie, more pictures...

My shed on the infield stand
6066492281_8520af000b_z.jpg

World Series by Renault 2011 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Random special guy leaning on the banner
6066492855_7dd2f8d619_z.jpg

Haii Magpie
6066493865_f7409f0f71_z.jpg

World Series by Renault 2011 Magpie v6 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Modern Renault & RenaultSport
6067039498_9e12a0a82a_z.jpg

Got a free Renault Classic cap within my infield parking goodie bag, brap
6067049504_9177baaa33_z.jpg

World Series by Renault 2011 Me with my awesome Renault Classic Cap by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Brian's 200. I spot some absolutely epic wheels!! I want them badly!!!
6066505893_f2374eb002_z.jpg

World Series by Renault 2011 Brian's 200 and Epic Wheels by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Sheep Gordini GT?
6066552277_abef67b835_z.jpg

6066555261_457afe1c68_z.jpg

6066561841_ab7332ed10_z.jpg

SMURF-YEAHH!!
6066567609_88ca56d89a_z.jpg

World Series by Renault 2011 Smurftacular by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6066568007_05fe8f9fb2_z.jpg

World Series by Renault 2011 Infield Parking Stand by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Loads more in here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/harpham/sets/72157627486760536/
Photos aren't great. Cba with trying with the camera today, but thought id take some for the memories ;).

Hope you like.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Dont normally like RB or LY on anything other than 182's but yours and Brians look amazing, perfect specs! But those turinis on the gordini, are a disgrace! Look like halfords alloy wheels

RB One Eight Two
Nice pics. Had a great day today, some lovely cars around and Brian's new wheels are very nice!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
great pics buddy, still yet to meet you! :eek:

We arrived at 8.30 & as you got bored & miffed with the crowds & not being able to see anything up close so left at 1ish.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
naith i did the same with yours, lol! But you were having a good indepth conv with some guy! ;)

love your meggy

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
ha, cheers fella. Love what you have done with her, did you sleep in it over the weekwnd? lolz :eek:

love the colour combo, works well.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
:cool:

Cheers Paul, I didn't even have to ask for a pic to be taken this time!

Speedline's went on Saturday, so good timing for their first outing. Eagle-eyed Lee spotted them as he walked past too :)

:cool:

Cheers Paul, I didn't even have to ask for a pic to be taken this time!

Speedline's went on Saturday, so good timing for their first outing. Eagle-eyed Lee spotted them as he walked past too :)

Haaa, I took that one just as that guy was telling you to move along a bit ;)

I just had to get a photo of them wheels though. They look amazing!! Fit in perfectly with the theme aswell.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Haaa, I took that one just as that guy was telling you to move along a bit ;)

I just had to get a photo of them wheels though. They look amazing!! Fit in perfectly with the theme aswell.

I'm glad he did move me along, I probably couldn't have blocked you in all day! :eek:

Has seeing those Speedline's helped you in your effort to avoid spending money and keeping yours standard?

I'm glad he did move me along, I probably couldn't have blocked you in all day! :eek:

Has seeing those Speedline's helped you in your effort to avoid spending money and keeping yours standard?

I would have been ripping my hair out if I had to stay all day. Seriously couldn't stand watching people try the doors and rubbing up the car :eek:

Its not helped one bit. I seriously want/need to make some changes to the car. Lows, spacers maybe, exhaust. Anthracite Speedlines would be epic too.
But, I keep telling myself not to spend money on 'Renaults' car. Ill save it for the next Clio thats already in the pipeline ;)

:cool: What's next?! You can't say it's a secret!

Im eying up a Sunflower Ph1 that's in my village. It looks in pretty mint condition, bar having a non-standard exhaust on. It never ever moves, so im assuming the owner doesn't really need/use it, so all being well and mechanics all check out (assuming the owner will sell), im going to drop a cheeky offer to them at some point.

On the other hand, if I somehow become rich in the next year and a bit, I will be aiming for a Vee, as it'll be my last chance to own one before ill be looking at mortgages. *sigh*

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I was going to guess either ph1, Trophy, or V6.

Don't forget to take some pictures, when the time comes!

V6 would definitely top the list, but its just whether im rich enough to own one. I definitely want to go back to a Mk2 though, unless the Mk4 is something special and is so affordable like the PCP deal im on.

The only thing that would concern me about the Sunflower is how old it is, so I know it'd fall to bits soon enough. I didn't think about having a pink Trophy. That can be added to the potentials too.