ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hartside yearly run out Easter Sunday 07/04/2012

Titanium 182
I think it was this time last year we had a run up to Hartside, so there is no reason why we cant have another one.
Weather permitting its an awesome day out, some of the best driving roads in the UK and the highest cafe in the North East ( the food is lush)

Police can be in force as a lot of bikers also use the road, in fact a biker was killed on the way up to Hartside when we did this last year.

Voted as one of the greatest driving roads in Britain by the AA and the 9th best UK drive by Top Gear it’s easy to see why – The road is sensational and the views over the Pennines are spectacular.

The Hartside Pass is only part of the route and as the A686 is such an excellent driving road it’s well worth driving the full 36 miles from Alston to the outskirts of Penrith.

Starting in Alston just 30 miles west of Newcastle the route heads south west along the A686, passing through Bayles within the first couple of miles

driving19road3.jpg

Just before you approach the halfway point, you’ll reach Hartside Top which has a coffee shop and stunning views of the Lake District.
Over the next ten miles you’ll pass Melmerby, Langwathby before reaching the A66 roundabout just one mile from Penrith.
In total, the Hartside Pass route has a good mix of fast, open sweepers and tight hairpins.

Meeting time will be 11am at a meeting point (yet to be decided)

For thr last 3 year the turn out has always been decent along with good weather.

If your interested stick your name and car model on the list below

1.Leeroy-182 Trophy
2.Anth-Evo 9
3.Paul - Evo 6

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Was just about to come home and post about this, have been up today and had a good time as always

172 Cup
Need to double check if im at a christening on this date but if not im game to bring the Cup along ;), will update when i know what im doing.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You can come in mine if you want mate, will have my trophy seats in by then

knuckles if you go with chris youl have the best drive up there possible.. safe to say he knows the road well!!

think il have to go this w.end for a warm up run lol

Ged

PD130 Peach
love this road, only 15 miles from me, and i know it like the back of my hand ;)

1.Leeroy-182 Trophy
2.Anth-Evo 9
3.Paul - Evo 6
4.Ged-Clio mk3 dci106

5.Wayne-G Non sport.
6.Ryan218 BG 182

mate might tag along in his Starlet glanza, possibly a few others too.

1.Leeroy-182 Trophy.
2.Anth-Evo 9.
3.Paul - Evo 6.
4.Chris205 - 172.
5.mitch1503 - 172.
6.andy172 - 172.
7.Ged-Clio mk3 dci106

8.Wayne-G Non sport.
9.Ryan218 BG 182.
10.Robert - Starlet glanza.
11.Ben - 306 dturbo.

Added a few on the list :)

1.Leeroy-182 Trophy.
2.Anth-Evo 9.
3.Paul - Evo 6.
4.Chris205 - 172.
5.mitch1503 - 172.
6.andy172 - 172.
7.Ged-Clio mk3 dci106

8.Wayne-G Non sport.
9.Ryan218 BG 182.
11.Ben - 306 dturbo.
12.Glenn - MK3 GT DCI 106
13.Jack -MK3 GT DCI 106

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Think I'll put a block of wood underneath my accelerator to stop going to quick lol

Titanium 182
Think I'll put a block of wood underneath my accelerator to stop going to quick lol

Take a HT lead off to that might help also.

Might me an idea if the people who have been before spilt up, so there some at the front, middle and rear for anyone who may get lost

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Take a HT lead off to that might help also.

Might me an idea if the people who have been before spilt up, so there some at the front, middle and rear for anyone who may get lost
I'll go at the back, will stop me from pushing on lol

172 Cup
1.Leeroy-182 Trophy.
2.Anth-Evo 9.
3.Paul - Evo 6.
4.Chris205 - 172.
5.mitch1503 - 172.
6.andy172 - 172.
7.Ged-Clio mk3 dci106

8.Wayne-G Non sport.
9.Ryan218 BG 182.
11.Ben - 306 dturbo.
13.Jack -MK3 GT DCI 106
14.Blacky950-Dci 80

Only live a few miles away so will come up :)

1.Leeroy-182 Trophy.
2.Anth-Evo 9.
3.Paul - Evo 6.
4.Chris205 - 172.
5.mitch1503 - 172.
6.andy172 - 172.
7.Ged-Clio mk3 dci106
8.Wayne-G Non sport.
9.Ryan218 BG 182.
11.Ben - 306 dturbo.
13.Jack -MK3 GT DCI 106
14.Blacky950-Dci 80
15. Duggan - Seat Leon FR 170 TDI

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
What does it need mitch? Give me a text mate got this black one in for breaking if you're after parts

Titanium 182
Meeting place will more then like be somewhere near Beamish, then up through Consett on to the moors, some class roads!

Down in to Stanhope, then up to Hartside

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I may just meet you in stanhope mate, I know theres some chaps from a little further south that would probably prefer to head the durham route, I know you're just going from beamish because its right near your house ya lazy git lol

Titanium 182
If you wish to take the peeps from your neck of the woods your way that would be great.

Consett and Stanhope is only up the road about 20 to 25 miles and its where we have meet for like 4 years now lol

Ged

PD130 Peach
Can't wait for this. Ultimate driving road :) however. Traffic will be murder! All the grandmas in the micras will be out in numbers!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
bare ur words in mind haha i remember last yr and we both know how that ended even though it wasnt either of us involved on another note u been down this way for the 182??
Lol thats one of the reasons I'm keeping a 'moderate' pace, I know I could go a lot quicker than most up there but whats the point, there'll be a load of traffic, bikers who also like to use a lot of the road and those folk just off on their holidays to the lakes etc, I dont fancy us lot getting a bad name as it reflects poorly on the club.

As I said earlier it was a f**king munter, never ever again am I doing that lol