ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hartside yearly run out Easter Sunday 07/04/2012

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
any oldies on this trip or are you all young gents lol.

Looking at the list mate We're all between 20-30, however Leeroy looks about 50 with his lack of hair ;) just kidding mate,

Doesnt matter how old you are just join in with the banter it will be a good day

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I may just meet you in stanhope mate, I know theres some chaps from a little further south that would probably prefer to head the durham route, I know you're just going from beamish because its right near your house ya lazy git lol

I could alsobe interested at meeting ou ta Stanhope if ou dont mind a shed coming along:D

Titanium 182
10 am is the planned meeting time for beamish and looking into 10.45 for when we arrive into Stanhope! General moderate pace for most people with the odd blast, however on this trip last year a biker was killed and the road was closed, so be fore warned some of the bikers go nuts with the speed!

as leeroy said bikers do like the speed.. the above mentioned biker put himself through a wall.. just take a steady pace and enjoy the drive as this road can bite!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
For those who dont want to go up the beamish way feel free to follow me.

If people want to go through durham and crook then on to stanhope then I will be happy to meet them at the Shell garage on the A690 which is just off the A1 at Durham.

So thats:

Shell Garage at the end of the A690 at 9.45(am)

Shell A690 postcode DH1 1LU

Titanium 182
Meeting place for the rest is DH9 0RG. When you turn right at the round about to come into Beamish you need to take the first left into the small car park.

Anyone needs direction drop me a PM and I will give you my mobile number.

RS 200 Silverstone
Hi all,

Just joined this forum today., Bought a new RS 200 silverstone edition, couple a months ago as another weekend toy to go with my caterham and for wife to use for work, She loves it and keeps her happy, Saw some of you guys are going up Hartside and wondered if I could tag along thought i would try it out on the roads.

Terry

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yeah ofcourse you can mate everyone is welcome.

Whereabouts are you from?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
may see yous all up at the cafe.. thinking of a early start before theres 2 many out on the roads
Ya may aswell just come with us mate, the sound of your car you dont want to be flying anyway lol, may aswell all have a steady cruise up and enjoy the day

RS 200 Silverstone
Yeah will you be coming through shotton, Haswell Plough

Just looking back over thread it seems i will be much older if you lot or between 20 and 30 and me getting near to big 40 lol

Ya may aswell just come with us mate, the sound of your car you dont want to be flying anyway lol, may aswell all have a steady cruise up and enjoy the day

thinking of going on 2 keswick for the day with the missus weather dependant.. jst she loves goin up hartside so thought id go across that way and grab a bite 2 eat and then drop in 2 keswick.. be right man iv topped it up with oil and got some reserves in the back lol

also going to keep it down to around 85mph tops as apposed to the 100+ u can get on some stretches lol

Yeah will you be coming through shotton, Haswell Plough

Just looking back over thread it seems i will be much older if you lot or between 20 and 30 and me getting near to big 40 lol
makes no diff of age mate.. still be good banter and a good drive

Im up for meeting at Stanhope as its 5mile up the road from mine... Unsure where to meet in stanhope though, the market place is good to fit a few cars on but with it being easter sunday chance to be packed!

2000 X PH1 172
I might come to this but I'm scared I'll cook my brakes, before I bought it they fit cheap pads and very little braking and they smoke and overheat very very quickly.

Ged

PD130 Peach
I can't cook the brakes on my dci without a hard try on heartside. And will be too much traffic to have a good run. Melmerby to the top later on in the day would be the best!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I might come to this but I'm scared I'll cook my brakes, before I bought it they fit cheap pads and very little braking and they smoke and overheat very very quickly.
You'll not be able to go quick enough to cook the brakes mate, I've seen some nasty consequences of people going to fast in busy periods (Bank Holidays), not a pretty sight

Ged

PD130 Peach
You'll not be able to go quick enough to cook the brakes mate, I've seen some nasty consequences of people going to fast in busy periods (Bank Holidays), not a pretty sight

true, all you need is to half cut a corner and meet a bike, then its game over

true, all you need is to half cut a corner and meet a bike, then its game over

exactly.. be it a motorbike or a cyclist which is tha last thing u want as chris said he seen the concequences as so did i last yr but a dampener on what started as a good day

2000 X PH1 172

Yeah same mate, when I was 14 me and my dad were up Hartside and a biker colided with a wall and was dead at the scene, my dad and the other rider were waiting by for the Ambulance to get by, dad didn't tell me he was dead at the time but told me when we got home.

Ged

PD130 Peach
1.Leeroy-182 Trophy.
2.Anth-Evo 9.
3.Paul - Evo 6.
4.Chris205 - 172.
5.mitch1503 - 172.
6.andy172 - 172.
7.Ged-Clio mk3 dci106
8.Wayne-G Non sport.
9.Ryan218 BG 182.
10.Glenn - MK3 GT DCI 106
11.Jack -MK3 GT DCI 106
12.Blacky950-Dci 80
13. Duggan - Seat Leon FR 170 TDI

final list, any more takers?

Ged

PD130 Peach
**EDIT

1.Leeroy-182 Trophy.
2.Anth-Evo 9.
3.Paul - Evo 6.
4.Chris205 - 172.
5.mitch1503 - 172.
6.andy172 - 172.
7.Ged-Clio mk3 dci106
8.Wayne-G Non sport.
9.Ryan218 BG 182. - late arrival
10.Blacky950-Dci 80
11. Duggan - Seat Leon FR 170 TDI

few dropped out

Won't make it now lads.. Discovered a cracked rear disc.. Just gotta try find sum1 t lend me torque wrench so can change dem 2mz

Have a goodn tho

Weather was a fail :( Bit of a pitty everyone went oppisate ways too haha! I made the wrong decision of heading back towards penrith after the bp garage, to then see the fella in the 200 heading the other way so i turned round and followed the majority of the crew to Brough and middleton but couldnt catch you's back up :\

Ged

PD130 Peach
Haha ah well! Me and Ryan had a good run up heartside. Slippy. But all good fun! Dci really does continue to impress me :)