ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone found a decent non-genuine exhaust replacement?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Iv been through 2 back boxes and a centre pipe in 18 months! Cheap shite from ECP. I would normally buy genuine but it's so bloody expensive!

53 Clio's & counting
If you want one that lasts, get a custom one made. Years ago i had one made by bells silencers, was no louder than standard (this was on a jetta gti) and lasted a good near ten years

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
if you buy something with a 12 month warranty and have it replaced within 12 months but then the replacement then fails within 12 months (but after the original 12 months is up) can you get it replaced free? Thats basically what has happened with the exhaust I have now.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yeah we do one from Klarius, nice bit of kit for the price AND it fits properly too!

It's a klarius one that I have on there now that is giving me troubles. trhe baffles in the centre box are rattling about sounding horrible and the rear box has a hole in it where the hanger has been welded onto it and over time it has split. I have only had them on there for about 14 months and for 5 months I didn't even use the car!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
That's why you had problems. The metal has corroded from inside the system due to not being used. Any mild steel that's unprotected will corrode. Buy a stainless steel system then it will last. I went through two Renault centre sections in three and a half years at around £200 a pop. Bought cat back scorpion system for around £340 fitted.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
if you buy something with a 12 month warranty and have it replaced within 12 months but then the replacement then fails within 12 months (but after the original 12 months is up) can you get it replaced free? Thats basically what has happened with the exhaust I have now.

Can anyone answer this?

get us a pic

Bit difficult without a ramp, have you got a pic of your system?

Arctic 182, GTD
Just to let you know ECP give a 2 year warranty on exhausts ;) and your've proberly been given a react one not klarius so double check, it'll have klarius stamped on it not just on sticker.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Just to let you know ECP give a 2 year warranty on exhausts ;) and your've proberly been given a react one not klarius so double check, it'll have klarius stamped on it not just on sticker.

Ok cheers for that, Ill whip it off this week and take it back to them! I know that they are selling react now on their website but im 99% sure that it is a klarius system that I got from them before.

http://www.tyrepress.com/News/1/5/17470.html

Arctic 182, GTD
Yeah we do both mate, I work there by the way haha they'll no doubt ask you for your original invoice, but yeah make sure they give ya a klarius one! react ones are alright for cheap run arounds or cars that are getting sold, but I wouldnt put one on mine :/ worse case ask them to get you a price on a scorpion one? good priced and very well made.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, so they defo offer 2 years on their systems? Glad you told me that, I was getting a bit pissed off at having to shell out even more cash on it.

So even though the website only shows react they have klarius aswell? Also why does the website show 2 rear boxes for the 172 both made by react but at a different price?

Will the scorpion be as quiet as an of the shelf though? Don't want anything louder than standard.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Rang your woodford and wembley branch today and they both said they only give 1 year on exhausts, bit of a bummer!

Arctic 182, GTD
Ah right, so they defo offer 2 years on their systems? Glad you told me that, I was getting a bit pissed off at having to shell out even more cash on it.

So even though the website only shows react they have klarius aswell? Also why does the website show 2 rear boxes for the 172 both made by react but at a different price?

Will the scorpion be as quiet as an of the shelf though? Don't want anything louder than standard.

Yeah well I give a 2 year warranty to my customers in Ipswich :-/ lol and yeah if they show them on the website and there's two at different prices the more expensive one should be a klarius one. Way to check is the last digit, should start off like 70574 possibly then end in either a 1,6 I think it is. If its a 1 it should be a klarius if it's a 6 it should be a react. If I remember correctly, but I'll check with my exhaust product manager for you tomorrow mate, don't want you losing out if u don't have to. If I'm wrong I've been giving away free exhausts :-/ haha And as far as I'm a aware the scorpion are a about the same noise driving about town u only notice it when u open her up.

would love to, but more like looking for something 1/5th of the price to use until the car dies - maybe another 1yr/18months

any luck with a part code from ecp?

it might help someone else, i decided to get the cheapest ecp backbox. was 30% off - just wait for the offers/codes. i think it cost 35 quid. turned out to be a klarius stamped back box. seems good quality and decent fitment. quite happy and looks like it will outlast the clio

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
5 years on from my first post and I have bought another 172 and again find myself with the same issue!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Mine has a Klarius system on it. I had to have the centre box replaced as a piece of baffle broke, but the replacement has been fine.

BMW 320d SE
it might help someone else, i decided to get the cheapest ecp backbox. was 30% off - just wait for the offers/codes. i think it cost 35 quid. turned out to be a klarius stamped back box. seems good quality and decent fitment. quite happy and looks like it will outlast the clio
Also worth copying the part number from Euro Car Parts and pasting into Carparts4less.com (their sister site and usually quite a bit cheaper).