ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone replaced their steering wheel on their Mk1 172

Has anyone replaced their steering wheel on their Mk1 172? I have got a brand new OMP steering wheel (without air bag) and am thinking of fitting it myself.. Question is how do I get the original steering wheel off without the air bag going off in my face??? Also can I refit the original steering wheel if I need to after it has been taken off and will the other air bags work without the original steering air bag??? Thanks

Best get advice from the garage. But once you remove your steering wheel the airbag light would stay on constantly wouldnt it?

Chun.

I realise that the Air Bag Light would stay on constantly, but will this affect the other air bags? And is there a special by-pass boss kit to fool the system, I know TRD makes one for Toyotas and am wondering if there is one for the clio?

I have no idea m8. Best to ask people who is going to supply you. I have never researched into this mod. Pretty happy with the standard wheel.

Chun.