ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HAV I BROKE MY 16v

Mini Cooper S JCW

coming home today dropped my car into 3rd at about 80ish (ops i know) n let the clutch go, the engine hits the rev limiter so i change to 4th quickley...... then all power goes, n i have no accelation or nuffin.

manage to crawl to end of the dual carradgeway, just over a round about n i had to wait at some lights.... the car then stalls, i try to start it and agen it nearly stalls, so i had to keep it revving to get it moving and pulled into sainsburys.

turned the engine off, left it for a bit....... turn it on n its FINE! ummmm wft! i couldnt see ne obvious damage, nothing had come off :-/

phone my garage and said it mite be the ECU did a saftey cut off ( ??? ) n cut the power til it had be reset-when i turned it off.

OPINIONS?!!!! (it drives fine now)

80 in 3rd?! Erm, My limiter in 3rd is about 70.. would expect a 16v to be a bit higher than that! heh.

Not a Clio

yup just tested it on the way home from work, managed over 80 in 3rd no probs, had to slow for my turning though so dont know how far before it hits the limiter.

Mini Cooper S JCW

well get it a lill ragging tonite from the pub n seemed ok...... i hope so coz now iv ordered all the bits n peices for it, i cant afford ne repairs!!!

liek i say, i think it could have been the ECU cutting the engine off I FCKKIN HOPE!!

PS...... i think i woz prob going towards the 90ish rather than 80 :confused: