ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have you seen any better spec laptops?

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
nice find that, Inspirons are decent enough as well. I'd go for it :). Although the integrated graphics is a bit of a downer, take it she doesn't want to do a lot of gaming lol

340i
nice find that, Inspirons are decent enough as well. I'd go for it :). Although the integrated graphics is a bit of a downer, take it she doesn't want to do a lot of gaming lol

I've got an Inspiron for personnel use (had the thing for 4years now, bomb proof!)...

Yeah a let down on the graphics compared to the rest of the components!

A quote from the GF; 'so you can change the cover.. too ANY colour, woah that is cool'

'yes dear.'

Fiesta ST
Check out Dell direct, they got some good offers on at the moment - just ordered a Dell XPS 15 i7 6gb RAM 2GB Nvadia G540M for about £700.

340i
Check out Dell direct, they got some good offers on at the moment - just ordered a Dell XPS 15 i7 6gb RAM 2GB Nvadia G540M for about £700.

Yeah I had a look on there... but for her budget of £500 this looks to be the best specification (even with though the Dell EPP scheme through my work).

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not sure on the current generation of HP but the last ones were a nightmare! ive changed no joke 6 power jacks on them, and i dont work in IT just do jobs here and there for people so thats about 50% of the jobs i do a year! lol

im a big Lenovo fan, well more so the older IBM stuff but since Lenovo took over they had a little drop in build quality then started to pick it back up again!

http://www.ebuyer.com/265613-lenovo-g570-laptop-m5143uk thats cheaper, same processor, same 6gb of ram but has ATI graphics, a blue ray player, bigger hard drive

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
keep in mind guys while they are still no replacement for the offerings from ATI and Nvidia, Intels latest graphics solutions are MUCH better than they were back in the Intel Extreme days! they will quite happily stream 1080p video online, so really unless gaming they are fine!

340i
Picked up the laptop last night, must say I am really impressed!

A quick little machine with the i5 processor and 6gb of ram.

And the graphics are pretty decent, it quite happily plays 1080p video's online... HD backlight screen too :)