ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having throttle bodies on monday :) :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the kit is the same thats on fmps, foxons, the black demo etc i think, just with new fixing brackets etc

Focus RS Mk1
i think its best we wait for ktec to come on n tell us all about it.
from the horses mouth n all that

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Has any one done back to back testing between the different trumpet sizes on throttle bodies - i.e. 45mm, 60mm, 90mm etc??

My understanding is the shorter the intake length the more torquey the engine lower down & the longer the intake length the more power it produces especially top end - also I've heard it helps to increase the length of the runners inbetween the manifold & the fuel injectors to give the fuel/air more chance to mix better.

raw striker
Smart mate, better CAF needed though! :approve:

really? if you would like to post up your results from trying all the different variations on your dyno then im sure we can compare them with our results and discuss from there :);)

Vw Passat, clio 182
If its just under 3k fitted. I'll be interested in that kit later this year. Think im going have fast road cams done aswel:D . get the most out of it. how long does it take to fit??

Mk2 172
Smart mate, better CAF needed though! :approve:

Why exactly??? The cold air feed on the right of the engine bay does nothing anyway and i will remove it soon. The reason i havent had the plastic grill panel cut in front of the throttle bodies is because omex have done endless tests to see if its better with or without it and they have noticed no difference. apart from it looks a bit crap when a big hole is cut out of it :)

Fabia VRS
They look mint!!! Love thorttle bodies. Like you said its all bout the noise!!!:cool: I live in that area so ill keep an ear out! lol. :)

Mk2 172
so any power figs yet?

like ive said before and ill say it again. all depends on what the original car produces, whos dyno your using etc etc. I really am not bothered at all what the power figure is because you have to drive it to understand. Put it this way, its miles quicker everywhere than a standard 182!!!!

Clio v6
I understand how you feel about power figures Dan. Mine was souped up a wee bit, and it too felt quicker. Are you even a little bit temped to read your before & after print outs or have you just binned them?

Looking at an excel spreadsheet while driving doesn't give you the same effect as keeping your eyes on the road and enjoying the car.

Mk2 172
I understand how you feel about power figures Dan. Mine was souped up a wee bit, and it too felt quicker. Are you even a little bit temped to read your before & after print outs or have you just binned them?

Looking at an excel spreadsheet while driving doesn't give you the same effect as keeping your eyes on the road and enjoying the car.

Omex themselves didnt dyno the car before and after. Theyve done all the testing etc etc on their own car and have dyno'd a fair few 182's in standard trim and seem to be all within 2-3bhp between them all. Around 168bhp on THEIR dyno. maybe more on others obviously. The gains are 26bhp at peak revs(7400rpm) but as im sure you already know that is only half the story. The torque is nothing like the original car AT ALL and also there is none of the waiting for the 5k anymore. I get all the power from really low down. It will easily pull cleanly away from a standard car. All day long :)
Drive one

ClioSport 172
We'll take a video tonight when you're driving & you can post it up for all to see! Awesomeness in automotive form! ;)

C

clvs2222

vid definetly needed. someon like me wont appricate it without seeing and hearing it.

Mk2 172
vid definetly needed. someon like me wont appricate it without seeing and hearing it.

vids are piontless when it comes to throttle bodies. It does absolutely nothing for the sound and the car HAS to driven. Ill get one done sometime tho. Off to the ring on 1st August :)

M2 Competition
Nah he's doing the same thing he did in the coilovers thread, the gdi thread etc etc.

'This is the best thing in the world, i cant even describe how good it is etc'