ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDCP problems!!!! :0(

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215
i have a philips hd ready LCD 40" tv and a philips HDMI dvd player connected via the HDMI cable. now if i put a proper original dvd into the player the error message "display connected - is non HDCP compliant" ????? then the screen goes black and says no input signal!!! ive tried the cable and that seems fine! but if i put a backup dvd into the player, it plays it no problems at all????? so why wont my player and tv play/watch the dvd that i have legally bought to view in my own home????? if i am told by philips that my tv or dvd player is non compliant with this, then how the hell can philips advertise/sell these appliances as HD READY???????? i will make sure i get a refund from these lieing b******s!!!! and never use philips again!!!!!!!!

the tv is only just over a year old! and its out of date already???? that cant be right!!!!!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Can be. You need a HDCP compliant screen and I know for a fact my Panasonic 42" plasma isn't... You need to be aware of it when you're buying! And HD Ready means it's ready for High Definition broadcasts - it doesn't mean it's HDCP compliant which is a completely seperate standard relating to pirating and copy protection.