ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head unit crossover does the clio have one as standard?

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
My cup i was driving home and i think the standard setup is pretty dam good!

I was wondering if there is a crossover module of any kind even with my after-market head unit the tweeters seem to pick up just enough of the higher frequencys

Thanks

James

Polo + Micra
there is a bi-polar electrolytic capacitor fitted to each tweeter to block lower frequencies

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cut the low frequencies via your HU (if it will do that) and plonk a sub in the boot, and it'll sound 100x better. The front set up is pretty impressive at doing 'very loud' with anything over 200Hz !

Clio182
there is a bi-polar electrolytic capacitor fitted to each tweeter to block lower frequencies

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but the capacitor is in the tweeter itself is it? So changing the tweeter means there will be no HP filter??

Polo + Micra
it's part of the tweeter unit so you will lose HPF if you remove the oem tweeter