ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit hassle :(

I need help!!

Ive recently picked up my MK1 172 and would like to put in my Pioneer 7400, however whenever I push the thing into the dash the cables get mashed up at the back the thing is sticking out by about 1/4". Ive tried reaching around the back of the dash to tidy the cables, but to no avail.

what I would like to know is does the dash above the middle vents (the bit with the display in) come off and allow access?

Any help appreciated on this

Thanks

Biggy

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

No sorry its a case of fecking about with it anyil it fits.

I take it you have tried yo fit the surround plate for the new one and found that it still stick out to far ??

Coz it sometimes looks like its sticking out to far and when you fit the surround plate, it looks right ??

Its really frustrating because its soooo close to clicking in place but the cables wont give:mad: I know its something silly like 1 cable getting in the way each time but its justs getting to it.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Kepp trying youll get there in the end !!

get a small handed person to help you !! Kids are normally great for this coz they have small hands !! Well that sounds a bit dodgy dont it !! BUT YA KNOW what i mean !!

I bet its the airel lead !!

Silver Fabia vRS

Yeah I had the same problem fitting my Pioneer into my MK2 and it was just a case of getting all the leads on the left hand side (looking at the dash) right over and out the way. It will go in though!

OK ill give it a go. Im getting to the stage where im considering sticking the crappy standard one in and ebaying my pioneer.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

If all else fails take it to a ice dealer and get them to fit it !! They only normally charge about a score !!