ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit not remembering settings

120d M Sport
Hi,

More head unit related woes!

My recently installed Alpine CDE-9880R won't remember any of my programmed settings or presets.

Before anyone says, I have tried the old trick of swapping the red and yellow wires around. I thought his had sorted it, because when I tried it, turned the ignition off, took the keys out then tried again, it powered on with what I was listening to last.

However, I came back to the car about half an hour or so later and had to power it on manually and all my settings were gone.

This is driving me nuts, have tried red and yellows connected, and red/yellow mixed and neither seem to have the desired effect.

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers,

Alex.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Are the cables the ones with fuses in? Like a little push and twist connection? I'd check both fuses in those as it sounds to me like you don't have a constant live.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Put both ignition feed and permanent live to a permanent live, when you remove the face the stereo will turn off, if it's still the same use another live, if it's still the same faulty head unit.

120d M Sport
Sorted this guys - the 'red' cable had two female bullet connectors, plugged the yellow male bullet connector into that and it's all good now :)