ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Question

Clio 182
Ive been looking at a few different headunits but dont really know what im looking at.

Requirements are:
Compatable with the steering wheel controller
Usb input
mp3 3.5mm input on the front

Looking to spend £150 max including the adapters and everything, dont mind buying second hand

Any recomendations would be really appreciated

Vauxhall Frontera
Pete

If you are happy to have the USB input on the front of the unit the Alpine CDE-112Ri fits the requirements. In addition it has selectable orange illumination so it should look good too! It retails at 129 but if you have a hunt you can get it cheaper. Steering wheel adaptor kits are around 40 but again if you can hunt you can find them for cheaper! a 3.5mm cable can be picked up for peanuts!

Si

Just had a hunt and my total was 127.39!

Last edited:
  Ph1 - 172
Hi Pete,

Is it important for you to retain the CD function? If not then id recommend one of the new Sony Digital Media Receiver units. The DSX-S100 is a good peice of kit and you can pick it up for around about £100. Definatly worth checking out.

Clio 182
No, come to think of it i dont really need the cd function. Do you need to buy seperate adapters for different mp3 players? I use quite an old sony mp3 player in the car.

Also how easy is it to navigate through the different artists and tracks with this?

Thanks for you help

FF 182 Sport
no headunits will navigate an mp3 player unless its a direct usb connection jobby, ipod connections on new alpines are great, sooooo easy to use its unreal

Ph1 - 172
The sony units have a direct USB connection inside the unit itself. I havent tested one with an MP3 player yet only iPods. I would presume that it would be a basic folder and file navigation system, i will try it tomorrow and see how it goes :)

Kawasaki ER6N
I use a sony USB head unit how could I go about making it work/finding out if it will work with the steering wheel controls?

Ph1 - 172
Jason,

You just need a stalk adaptor mate, really easy to come by nowadays. Should be able to pick one up for around £40, possibly less with a bit of searching.

FF 182
Pete why dont you go to the car audio centre in Hyson Green opposite Asda, should have loads of options for you there