ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit with USB port

225 and 182
Looking for a new H/U and saw these type. Already have a few memory sticks so thought it would be quite easy to access downloaded music (I have no MP3 player) .

Anyone have any knowledge of these type of players and how you scroll through the tracks on the player and will they display the track names e.t.c.

the track numbers will be listed on the headunit,like it would a cd changer,only thing to remember is only certain types of memory sticks can be used make sure to check compatability

MK1 Clio Versailles
I've got a Tevion one with USB and it appears on screen the name of the file/track and you can flick through like you would with anything else :)

Da

Less
Same here, mine's Sony and it reads iPods and generic mp3 files, even your phone music :D Nifty piece of kit but takes a little getting used to ;) Sony CDX GT610u is the model number.

225 and 182
Same here, mine's Sony and it reads iPods and generic mp3 files, even your phone music :D Nifty piece of kit but takes a little getting used to ;) Sony CDX GT610u is the model number.

Thats the model i'm after getting . It's for the misses car for her birthday .

Well no bad reports so far , so i guess thats the way to go .

Thanks for the replys :)

Clio DCi 65
Mate,

Try having a look for one with an SD Card reader built in,

That was the best feature of my JVC unit and its soo much easier than the usb...somehow it broke whilst it was in..!

Hope that helps you at all!

Da

Less
Where did you buy yours from Daz? I like the look of this headunit. You enjoying the new 182?

I got mine from my local Audio stockist. they had to order it in tho because they had run out! Really like the look of the unit against the dash in the 182, nice and understated :approve:
Oh and loving the new car cheers mate, big step from a 1.2! ;)

Yeah that's a good price Pacey, although as I said mine came fully fitted and with the harness etc.

182 Full Fat
Thanks Daz, think i may order one after seeing the pic of it. Its just what Im looking for! Anyone have any pics with it in the dash and memory stock attached? Im assuming this memory stick has to stay connected and that the unit doesn't have a hard drive storage?

Last edited:

Da

Less
No mate, no hard drive, you can do it via a USB lead tho to enable you to stick the USB device out of sight/reach etc. Then control everything via the HU. I will get a pic today of the unit in situ, although with no device inserted as I do not have one yet :eek: ;)

182 Full Fat
Thanks Daz that'd be really great. Gonna persuade the Missus to buy me one for my birthday next month!

Da

Less
Pics as promised mate, sorry for the delay.

th_ImageCD2.gif

th_ImageCD.gif

Hi,
Anyone know if you can use the iPod firewire USB cable on the front USB port of the Sony CDX GT610U head unit?

Black-Gold 182

I got that one... It's very nice! :D

Only thing I do find a bit annoying is that it doesn't list the albums in any logical order - it all depepnds on which order you saved on your hard-drive/memory stick as to what order they appear on the HU.

you can get an adaptor for it that lets you retain the centre console display (shows CD track and radio stations - but not track names on MP3s), and the "satellite" steering wheel radio control.

Only problem now is I'm finding that the speakers are poo in the clio so they may have to be upgraded - get a bit of distortion at higher volumes from the front left.

Black-Gold 182
Hi,
Anyone know if you can use the iPod firewire USB cable on the front USB port of the Sony CDX GT610U head unit?

You're confusing yourself there. Firewire and USB are rival connections. USB OR Firewire - not a combination of the two.

If you're question is can you connect an Ipod to the CDX GT610U using the Ipod USB connection, yes you can and I tried it the other week with my dad's Ipod (i've an external 2.5" HDD that I use - USB powered!)

That's good news, and I am lost in today's technological terms - even at the tender age of 23! All I want to do is use the wire that connects the wall charger to the iPod or indeed iPod to PC, and it sounds like I can so I'm happy. Just waiting for the bloody thing to turn up!!

Thanks.

Black-Gold 182
And here's a little thing they don't advertise. If you've got a bluetooth headset or a mobile that charges over USB, you can use the USB port to charge them! Very handy on long journeys when my battery goes flat! :eek:

That is handy, thanks for all the info. Got a call from the inept sales team who had forgotten to take the issue number of my card....anyway it arrives Monday, finally!

Right, it arrived and fitted a treat. Got my steering wheel controls back, but my iPod doesn't work via USB. I've therefore ordered a USB to 3.5mm jack cable so I can plug it into the headphone socket of the iPod. When I connected it via the USB lead you get with the iPod it said "not supported" :(

Black-Gold 182
Really?!? That's strange cause it worked fine on my old mans. Have you set your Ipod to connect mode (as if you were using it as a hard-drive). worked straight off with my old mans.

Connect mode? How do I do that? I simply put the fat end in the bottom of the iPod and the USB end in the radio facia. It searched for a bit before telling me it was unsupported...