ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head unit - wont go fully in - mk1

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio

My hu in mk1 wont sit right the way in because of all the wires and crap, got new speakers & wire all way round. so was thinkin of trimmin the old spreker wires and stuff i dont need, and hardwiring the power cable ect to the wiring so the meaty adaptor block aint there.

what do you think? anyone else had this problem?

I have the same problem and its a real pain, because the CD player skips more than it should do.

Would be interested in the answer.

silver valver/hybrid

what i did with mine was to put some long cable ties round the offending wires/connectors, then hold them out the way whilst pushing the head unit at the same time, just about got it in! then just trimmed the cable ties down

i keep opening up and going in to do stuff to the clock and the heater thing and sometimes my HU fits and sometimes not - right now not.

it sucks, damn all the wires and the limited space, one day itll go in perfect and i wont ever have to change the stuff in the clock etc.. one day.. :)

You just have to stick with it, and keep trying....

Ive got a 4x60W Alpine H/U thats quite long and loads of wires coming out the back and still fits in nicely.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah just need patience and small hands!!! Try getting your hand round the back and pull the wires through that way. Mk1 clios are far far far from the worst cars to fit hu to!

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 25 April 2005
Yeah just need patience and small hands!!! Try getting your hand round the back and pull the wires through that way. Mk1 clios are far far far from the worst cars to fit hu to!

yup thats how i sorted mine, patience and not losing ur temper helps, which i have neither :oops:

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio

cheers guys. will give it another final go tomorrow lol!

Would the trimminng unnecessary wires be a good idea or... prob not?

Skoda Fabia vRS

you can fit your hand around the back from the passenger side mate

ive got an Alpine which has a fuse box on the loom, ive also got steering wheel control adapters which not only add length, but that has a box with it too, and mine fits, took me ages to sort it, but it does

if you have the use of a female who doesnt care about her hands, get her to do it, otherwise it a job to fit the wires, puch the HU into the cradle, then start faffing around under the dash trying to pull the wires from the back of the aperture into any little gaps you may have behind the unit

persistance is the key to success