ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight correction

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I cleaned the beast the other day, and she looked really shiny and clean. but her headlights have been p*ssing me off for the couple months I've had her. All hazy and rough. the pics are sh*tty but I think you can see it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I decided to set to work on them yesterday, 1200/1500 wet and dry, scratch x, autoglyn SRP and megs cleaners wax.

Before:

After:

really happy with how they came out to be honest. massive improvement.

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique 16v
Cheers, they have come up really nice you know.

Highly recommend doing it if anyone elses are looking shabby. I was abit skeptical about sanding my headlights but once you get to the Scratch X step you start to see a massive improvement.

120d M-Sport
Cheers for the guide mate, will defo be buying the products this week!

My headlights have been looking shabby since ive got mine and it really lets them down! Yours look fantastic now :approve:

Fiesta ST-3
Mine are just like these. Is there an actual guide on how to do it? Looks a million times better!

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Yeah there is somewhere.

But I think its slightly different to what I did (I saw a comment somewhere, can't remember who off).

Products I used:

1200 wet and dry sandpaper
1500 wet and dry sandpaper
Meguairs Scratch X
Autoglyn Super Resin Polish
Meguairs Cleaners Wax

Then what I did:

Cleaned headlights first, get rid of any dust etc.
Soaked 1200 wet and dry for approx 10 mins in warm water. I used one A4 sheet (per headlight) of this and cut it into quarters, using each quarter until knackered.
Cleaned headlights again to get rid of all the crap.
Soaked 1500 wet and dry for approx 10 mins in warm water. Again, I used one A4 sheet (per headlight) and cut it into quarters.
Cleaned headlights again...
Got a microfibre cloth and applied Meguairs Scratch X until all defects disappear :) (alot of scrubbing involved in this)
Used another microfibre cloth and applied Autoglyn Super Resin Polish
Used another microfibre cloth and applied Meguairs Cleaners Wax.

Done. Takes approx 2.30 hours.

Stagecoach Ticket
Really good finish without a buffer mate!

If you have access to a buffer the job takes around 10mins if that

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Good job! mine were done last year but could do with being done again to be honest.

Fiesta ST-3
Yeah there is somewhere.

But I think its slightly different to what I did (I saw a comment somewhere, can't remember who off).

Products I used:

1200 wet and dry sandpaper
1500 wet and dry sandpaper
Meguairs Scratch X
Autoglyn Super Resin Polish
Meguairs Cleaners Wax

Then what I did:

Cleaned headlights first, get rid of any dust etc.
Soaked 1200 wet and dry for approx 10 mins in warm water. I used one A4 sheet (per headlight) of this and cut it into quarters, using each quarter until knackered.
Cleaned headlights again to get rid of all the crap.
Soaked 1500 wet and dry for approx 10 mins in warm water. Again, I used one A4 sheet (per headlight) and cut it into quarters.
Got a microfibre cloth and applied Meguairs Scratch X until all defects disappear :) (alot of scrubbing involved in this)
Used another microfibre cloth and applied Autoglyn Super Resin Polish
Used another microfibre cloth and applied Meguairs Cleaners Wax.

Done. Takes approx 2.30 hours.

Excellent mate. Thanks very much.

Clio 172/Focus st170
Excellent job mate! cant wait to try on mine this weekend. Keep u guys posted with the results!

172 ph1
neither could i till my brother set about my car with his and all his wierd tubs of cleaning and waxing gear...the car was unreal after

Clio sport 172
This is one of the best methods I've seen for cleaning lights up. I got to do my drivers headlight and I'm going to use your method.

2004 Clio 182 cup
i need to sort this out on mine as its looking terrible and the car is booked in at a local car show next month

Ph1 172.
I gave this a go tonight. it took 2 hours just to get one done. I'll do the other later in the week:

55a47dc3.jpg

a8173e59.jpg

7c68eeb7.jpg

585edee2.jpg

b1e17d81.jpg