ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight level motor, headlight in situ?

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
Hi all,
Just replaced the headlight washers, so bumper off and on during the rain yesterday, bit miffed but its done, so obviously this morning there's an amazingly loud clicking noise when ignition is on. Sounds like the driver side headlight motor trying to do something and obviously not being able to.
Can these be swapped easily with the headlight in situ?
I imagine removing it should be ok, but I'm wondering how much of a faff it would be to get that ball and socket clicked back in with the headlight still on the car.
I don't want to remove the bumper again, but at the same time, it'll be a bad time should I end up breaking that bit, as I can foresee that being a possible outcome.

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
Just took it off, tilted it upwards to dosconnect it.
Luckily, the motor housing can be separated, and after some fumbling and spraying of grease, there was a latch on the pcb that had disconnected from the white cog thing.
More fumbling to get it back on, but once clicked in place, easy street. No more horrid noise. Lucky I think rather than ability.