ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights...

MK2 PH1 1.2
I've mentioned this before and got no replies, but its really starting to annoy me. When driving at night my dipped beam is really poor, and compared to my mates virtually identical clio it is still bad. Even when on full beam it doesnt compare. Without spending loads on a xenon conversion kit, which people on here have previously suggested its not worth getting, is there any way to improve my lights?

MK2 PH1 1.2
change the bulbs to what though? cos when i changed one of them its made no difference.
passenger side headlight needs sorting, i dont think its fixed in properly. will up a pic of it shortly

EDIT:
SP_A0294.jpg

SP_A0295.jpg

its not flush like the other, and theres clearly a gap at the bottom. its quite visible when driving at night, looks like theres a line where its cut off almost.

Last edited:
bunch of things to check:
- as already noted, headlamp alignment and bulbs
- cleanliness of lens (don't look too bad)
- cleanliness of reflectors (presume they're sealed units so, if you've discolouration/muck on the reflectors, might need new lamps)
- check wiring/earth as can affect performance

just any (new) bulbs; you could ask a garage to check that the alignment is within MoT specs or you could try adjusting them yourself against a wall to see if raising them helps. you obv. run the risk of unknowingly adjusting them above the MoT threshold if you try that though. i don't know how they adjust - could check Haynes

to check the wiring, i'd trace the lighting loom from the bulb plug to try and find the earthing point - it's probably not far away (inner wing may be) - if the earthing point is at all corroded, that could be affecting the lamps. multimeter might also help identify any wiring probs