ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heads up on door seals 197!!

Was a 197
Noticed on both front doors on my 197 today that the rubber seal between the door pillar and the rear window, the rubber had cracked and was falling off. Fortunately i've been able to get this done under warranty.

Dunno if anyone else has experienced this thing, just more of a heads up as it could be because the harsh winter we just had!!

Russ

albi 197
Mine appear to be fine, unsure as the whether the first owner got them replaced however. Mine is soon coming up to 4 years old, not a single issue with it so far.

clio
Yeh mine r the same.. whats to say the same won't happen To the new ones too tho?. I've left mine as they're not a water seal and I heard quite a few stories of them not being stuck back on properly and sometimes they take the window out and scratch paint etc. I don't notice any extra wind noise with them split either. Mite just put a bit of insulation tape down them

197 cup
well lads ive just brought my 197 home after getting the window seal fixed from park renault in ayr and were they put the blue tape on to hold the window in place while it set has made 3 dirty big scratches on the paint work. not a happy chappy at all

197 cup
because i ahd just been arguing with them over a seat that they assured me they were going to fix wen i bought the car and that its was pissing of rain i was just that pissed off i didnt think till i got home