ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater fan u/s

RS 172+
Please can anyone give me an idea on what's involved in replacing the heater fan on a 172?

My works mechanic shyed away from taking the job on yesterday, as he said you need to remove the engine/bulkhead plate to get at it?

Pretty sure the problem is with the fan, as it made some pretty gruseome noises before finally blowing the 30amp fuse in the engine bay.

What sort of parts/labour cost would you expect from a non Renault garage? :dapprove:

Thanks.

i think your mechanics wrong...normally you can get at it from under the scuttle tray (probably needing to remove the wipers) - i've never done it on a 172/182 but its not normally that difficult a job. I'd imagine parts & labour would be pretty steep from renault so would try ebay or the scrapyard - its probably a standard motor for all clios

BMW M135i
Yeh the plate may need to come off I can't remember but its nowhere near a complicated or hard job.

RS 172+
I think my mechanic's wrong too - or at least I hope he is!
Now booked in to an auto-electrician tomorrow afternoon. Will let you know the outcome.
Thanks.

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
not bad too do at all , 1/2 hour job , and it may of suffered from water getting into it so ask him to check the scuttle drains while he has the scuttle trims off.

RS 172+
Arghh... apparently defo the heater fan gone. Renault want £151 plus VAT, plus fitting! :dapprove:

Anyone breaking a 172 with a fan they don't want? ;)

172 Race Car
Ask Gray, he changed from an A/c to non A/c recently and had a fan available. Loads of other peolpe doing this also so should be plenty about second hand

As said they are very easy to change, you dont ned to take off the wipers of the bulkhead panle. Just the cover where you access the pollen filter from

RS 172+
Thanks for that. Will have a look if I can contact him. Anyone else got one available I'd be interested and give a fair price. Cheers.