ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater on 16v

This morning as I was ambling in to work in traffic I decided to crank up the heating and defrost my nose. The car had been running for about 20 mins and all the temp guages were reading ok and warm but I only was able to get cold air blowing out of the vents all round the car - feet, windscreen and face. A little bit panicky I feared the worst as this is what happened when I toasted a gasket in my old 5GTT, but when I was out of the heavy traffic and motoring again the hot air came back.

Is this a feature of the Clio heating system - you have to be moving for it to be hot, or are there evil forces at work? Today was the first time I have noticed this problem, the heating has been fine since I bought the Clio a couple of weeks ago.

Ben

----====MOnkey45====----

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Count yourself lucky I dont get any hot air from mine, I will sort it one of these days.

93 16v

Same thing this morning, heat seems to be tempermental, I have a warranty on the car so I should be able to get it seen to under that but it would be handy to know what the problem is.

Not a Clio

when you really need it to work it blows cold. when the weather warms up and you dont really need it, it f*cking works.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Its a common thing on clios!

You need a new heater matrix!

Mines sh*t too - almost summer now though!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sounds like the heater matrix is partially blocked.Not to bad to change on the older clios you dont even have to completly remove the dashboard,just unbolt it and pull it forward about 6 inches to give you room to move the heater box around slightly.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

old renault coolant was like acid.changing it was part of the service schedule but i bet nobody did it(should be changed every second major service).as soon as you start getting gunge in your expansion cap or the coolant goes like an orange colour then flush and change it.good old cancer of the cooling system.