ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater

Hi guys,

can anyone help? My heater fan is not blowing out any cold nor hot air! When I switch the headlights on the heater panel and clock light up but when i turn the switch to 1,2,3 no air blows out?

I changed the fuse under the glove box and checked for lose connection behind the panel but, no joy :confused: Help!

Trophy

Nah,

Its either the wiring plug at the back of the control panel or the resistor under the windscreen by the wiper motor, id start there might just need some WD40.

Mat.

More than likley as mat says it is the resister pack on the heater fan itself I find that in most case it also melts the wiring plug that connects to it so not only do you need to replace the motor but a short bit of the wiring as well (got both in stock s/hand)

I had the same problem and asked the garage to have a look when it was going in for a service. They said it would be 2 hours labour just to investigate as the heater is in an awkward position but they fixed and didnt charge me, so all I can assume is that it is a simple job when you find out what the problem is!

ok guys i will have a look at this resistor near the wiper and let you know how things go...N.D Hill how much fir the stuff please?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

mine was the lose wiring, the plug next to fan below wiper area was corroded, got a new one from scrappy for a fiver. Be sure to fix it properly and it all works as I put mine back together and a few days later stopped working, started over and it was ok just dodgy soldering!

the heater blower motor is located under the panel, where the wipers are,

if you want to take the motor out you will need to take the wipers and the panel off (the 2 long bits of grey plastic), as its located under these.

the blower motor is in the middle, put as posted up its mainly the connection which is dodgy, as often they burn out !

you may be able to check the connection without taking the car apart, i had to replace my motor so had to dismantle some of the car !

i hope this helps you, and im sure that if im wrong on any thing some will correct me .