ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy Rain (PS3)

Civic Type S GT
Played the demo yesterday and gotta say I can't wait for it to come out! Will make a nice change from always playing mw2 and FIFA.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This comes out tomorrow, but my mate received his copy yesterday. It's bloody good. Grabs you and pulls you into the story pretty early on. I think I'll be purchasing.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm not going to buy it until i have done my exam. don't need the distraction :(

Astra Twintop
Doesnt it take two hours to get into it?

Also Ps2 style graphics.

Shenmue NEEDS to be released on 360. Will blow it out the water

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the demo didn't look like ps2 graphics to me tbh. looked pretty stunning.

Renault Clio 16v
my demo crashed half way through the fbi agent one. LOL

i found the dead cat but never found the trail left by the killer... what did i miss? i couldn't be assed to play through it again as the mbp arrived.

mbp ??

manbearpig?

Clio 182
Just spent all evening on this, great game! controls are a little strange to start off with but with 4 main characters it keeps you wanting to carry on to find out what is going on.

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
mbp ??

manbearpig?

user_752_F5XFLT7H.jpg

Just finished Heavy Rain after playing it all evening, one of the best games I have ever played. The credits are literally rolling right now.

And I can't believe who the Origami Killer is!

Revels Mum & Sister
i'm not going to buy it until i have done my exam. don't need the distraction :(

GCSE Maths?

I have it sat here. Can I play it? NO because the missus lent the PS3 out to her Brother and he is away until next week. Well done woman!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, one of my all time faves. Shame the story will never be completed. :(

Just had a quick look at Heavy Rain, through the massive crowd of people stood round it in reception! So far all I've seen is quick time events. I loved the characters and story in Fahrenheit so hopefully they'll have pulled that off again.

I'll jump on later if I get a spare 5.

Did you ever complete ^^^ that, m8? Is it worth seeing through to the end? I put an hour or two into it, but other games pulled me away more.

Cheers,
D.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah the review i read in game(tm) magazine was aweosme. 9/10. they said the emotion it brought was epic. they said it won't have the same impact second time round as the first play through just blows your mind.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
there are hints there will be downloadable stories for heavy rain at somepoint. could be quite cool.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
8-10 hours ish, didn't really count tbh.

Best to play in a single play really, so you don't forget any of the story.

ive been playing it for not far off that long (i think) and ive only just finished f**king about with "the butterfly"

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Reading on that forum above, the guys who have finished claim the replay value is great because there are so many different options and variables.

Played the demo, still unsure.

The prostitute part fight scene was pretty intuitive, except I keep getting the s**t kicked out of me as I'm not used to the PS3 controller :eek:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Reading on that forum above, the guys who have finished claim the replay value is great because there are so many different options and variables.

Not denying that just that the impact is far from the same after you've been through it once.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah that's very true, as you'll also know who the killer is. Buying the game tomorrow after playing it on my mates machine yesterday, anyway.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I've got to wait until the 9th... :( will get it ordered soon though

I've bought it, just need to drag demons souls from the drive, unwrap it and stick it in! Maybe tommorow;)

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
OMG! Bought today, stuck it in after the football and once again OMG! Like no other game i've played, it takes a while to get going but the graphics are awesome.

Will report back moe when i've got a bit further in

Enjoying it so far, loved having to do some actual oragami whilst it installed - genious! And I now have a little paper toy :eek:

First hour (training) was a bit lame and very bright gawdy colours which were a great contrast to the 'heavy rain' colours once the 'event' happened!

After that its the first two scenes from the tutorial and onto greatness.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
is it like a rpg? i can't place it in a genre tbh, is there lots of walking around talking to people??